Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Disabled SitSkier helper/companion required for ski trip to Stubai Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Disabled SitSkier helper/companion required for ski trip to Stubai Austria

I'm a paraplegic wheelchair user and novice sit skier with a lot of indoor ski time at Milton Keynes and Hemel Hempstead. I can now get up and down the slope with minimal assistance apart from the odd crash which I need assistance getting upright.

Now I want to progress to ski outside and planning a trip to Stubai Glacier in Austria around October/November time. So far I haven't found any of my relatives or friends that can get time of work or are competent skiers so I'm looking for a helper/companion to do the hole trip with me. I skied before my accident so I sort of know what I'm letting myself in for Smile

Ideally I would drive to Stubai and rent an apartment that has 2 bedrooms for around 6 days. I've done a little research and have found a wheelchair accessible apartment in Neustift nr Stubai.

I have all my own equipment sitski, skis etc.

I'm physically pretty independent and don't need much help.

I could meet up at Milton Keynes or Hemel Hempstead for a chat and a ski.

If anyone is interested please PM or Email me.

30th July 2014 :- Sally one of the DSUK trainers did some vids of today efforts, this will give you some sort of idea of what i'm all about as far as skiing go's.

http://youtube.com/v/86LaY3haF98

Cheers

Nick

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 30-07-14 18:34; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey dude, I can't help for the full trip due to work/etc, but should be able a day or two if that helps? I live in Innsbruck btw.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999,
Hi Matt, I really need someone to do the hole trip, if I get it organised would be great to meet up at Stubai and would be good for more help, I'll keep you updated.

Cheers

Nick
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Nick

Have you ever considered coming on 1 of the bashes? We've had sit skiers on bashes before, it works quite well and you'll have different people to ski with each day, and most of the accommodation is relatively wheelchair friendly Smile the PSB happens at the end of November/Beginning of December, the hotel we used for this before was not the best, but there is likely to be a change in accommodation and possibly resort this year, If your interested then drop Admin a PM, be patient for a response though, as I think he might be on well deserved holiday (this is the man who ski's for 4-5 months a year snowHead)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kelv1n, Thanks, I'll check it out, I'll also drop Admin a message just to let him know I'm interested. Thing is with hotels the bathrooms need to be wheelchair accessible, it's quite a task to find the right accommodation in Europe. I cannot stand or walk so if some where's not quite right I knackered Sad

Cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NickRno77, send a PM to SaraJ - she is a BASI 3 Instructor with loads of experience with Sitskis and disabled sport. She's not on here much in the summer, but she will react to a PM (Private Message). to send a PM just click on the option top right of the screen (Send/Read Messages). She is based full time in the Zillertal but we often ski Stubai as well.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue, I sent SaraJ a message via http://alpinefreedom.co.uk quite a while ago, she hasn't responded ?

Thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NickRno77, Strange... I sent you an email on 23rd June - you didn't get it? I'll send it again right away. Please, let me know if you get it, or not.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NickRno77, If SaraJ sent you a reply it may be worthwhile checking your email trash/ junk mail folders - sometimes anti spam software can misdirect legitimate emails.....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SaraJ, Alastair Pink,

Thanks for your email Sara, yes it was in my Junk mail although I got the copy you forwarded earlier? Usually gmail is not that aggressive so I'll have to keep checking now.

Thanks

Nick
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NickRno77, Good to hear that you got it Smile I was a bit concerned that emails were disappearing into the ether!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NickRno77, I've just sent you another email. A friend of mine is interested in going with you.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SaraJ, thanks Sarah, I'll contact him.

Cheers
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Kevin,
why is the PSB changing , any idea what resort it will be at , I try to keep the week free.Kelv1n,
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kelv1n, Awent, I've nothing concrete for my request so if you guys get any info re PSB can you please let me know.
latest report
Hi Nick

I might be open for this. I have some sitski experience. I need to check dates and will get back to you.
snow conditions
2weird2die, Dean, Looks like I'm sorted thanks, SaraJ kindly put me in touch with someone so all is good for November trip to Stubai. Can't wait !

Cheers

Nick
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy