Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitting in Edinburgh

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am working in Edinburgh for a few weeks and as I am looking to buy new boots I thought I would do it up here.

Can anyone recommend a goot boot fitter in central Edinburgh?

Cheers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd suggest you go to Tiso's (Blues) on Rose St. They used to be pretty good.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tiso's is where I got mine. I was very happy with the service & fit but it was my first pair of boots so I've nothing to compare it to.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
B00thy, I would echo DM there. I've been looking about in Edinburgh and to me the service on offer in Blues (tiso's) is way the best. They strike me as being pretty understated about it too. I was in on Tuesday as a matter of fact for about 2 hours going through options and trying various boots. The Nordica Speedmachine seems to offer the best possibility of a good fit for me and I'm going in again today to try the SM 10 as they were out of it the other day and the speedmachine 12 i think is too advanced for me. They will work with you to get a proper custom fit from basic footbeds like superfeet to the sand machine thing that gets your foot mould right through to a full custom footbed. They will do all sorts of stretching and squeezing too so I'm confident that they will do as good a job as you're going to get. I mentioned profeet and lockwoods to the guy I was dealing with and he knew of both and was confident that the process here is the same.

The only possible negative could be that they may not have quite an extensive enough range, but they understand this and genuinely won't try to 'sell' you into something unsuitable. they don't do Langes. They're open and honest about this and even suggested I go off somewhere else to satisfy myself in case another brand offers a better fit.... like many people I've funny feet!! the nordica however does seem fairly good fit for me.

Go in and talk to them and see for yourself, they're a very nice and helpful bunch.
snow report
 brian
brian
Adamski, if you're after Lange boots locally, there's a small shop in Bruntsfield that certainly used to stock them (although it's coming up for 10 years since I last bought boots). It's on Bruntsfield Place, about opposite the end of Whitehouse Loan I think.

10 years ago they were very helpful (he says helpfully) Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, freeze? they've not been there that long but yeah I know them - and have bought there. Good guys, not been there for a while. Or maybe snowlines just down the road - didn't try them this time.

Anyway I'm now the owner of a pair of Nordica Speedmachine 10s .... oh please let them be the holy grail!!! i.e. boots that really do fit! I'm pretty happy with them. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys

I have Nordica's at the mo' - Grand Prix from 5-6 years ago -maybe longer. With any luck they're still using the same boot last so my feet will be a good shape.

Went into Tiso's last night for a fleeting visit - about 16-20 boots that I could see but didn't have time for a chat as shopping for map more important to get me to St. Anton tonight!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tisos/Blues is probably the best, but go midweek not on Saturday/Sunday as it will be quieter. The Bruntsfield shop referred to was probably Elliot Sports now Snowlines just up from and opposite the BP garage say 300 yards up from the Kings Theatre. Freeze is in Bruntsfield and was not there 10 years ago. I got my boots (Salomons), with a custom fit, in Nevissport on Shandwick Place and I have had absolutely no problems with them, the pair before that I got in Blues.

You cabn check snowlines stock online at

http://www.snowlines.co.uk/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just stay clear of the false(Footworks) people. Liars, cheats and copy-write stealers. Twisted Evil
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy