Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vanessa Mae Olympic qualification faked..

Poster: A snowHead
apparently..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/11/violinist-sochi-olympics-vanessa-mae-slovenia-ski
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
More salt in the wounds of British athletes who were denied spots...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Indeed Scott. How the FIS didn't spot it beforehand would be a good question.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Same thing happened with The Snow Leopard guy from Milton Keynes came in dead last after cutting his FIS points by something like 100 in a fixed race in Iran...

Vannessa gets all the BBC coverage while our athletes aren't even allowed to compete.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep. Very sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Disgraceful indeed. Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TBF, she was a lot closer to the mark than Kwame. She has fairly good point scores from Swiss and Austrian races.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
banned for 4 years from competition for fixing results.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-sports/30005830

along with 5 officials.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was thinking about this while reading one of the SB threads. What do you need in the way of FIS points such that you wouldn't need to do the ET?

I've seen VM ski and I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than her, so I thought that something is very wrong if the FIS points she has meant she wouldn't need an ET.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Would she really have been complicit d'ya think?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
From the BBC
Quote:

Violinist Vanessa-Mae has been banned from skiing for four years after results were manipulated to help her qualify for the Sochi Winter Olympics.

I suppose every lift pass office in the world will have her picture on the wall with the instruction not to sell her a lift pass
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
albinomountainbadger wrote:
Would she really have been complicit d'ya think?

perhaps not explicitly complicit but ignorance isn't a sound basis for a defence.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnE wrote:
From the BBC
Quote:

Violinist Vanessa-Mae has been banned from skiing for four years after results were manipulated to help her qualify for the Sochi Winter Olympics.

I suppose every lift pass office in the world will have her picture on the wall with the instruction not to sell her a lift pass

Laughing

Can she snowboard?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What did everyone expect - she's well known for being on the fiddle...

WHAT? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Her halo looks tarnished:

ski holidays
Surprised that nobody on here has linked ESF to the case.
snow report
I enjoyed some of the Sotchi games but the whole Olympics thing is a joke anyway.
snow report
emwmarine wrote:

So did she actually manage to ski within the percentage time for the french ski test ?
ski holidays
I'm surprised that nobody has asked to see her FIS points.
snow report
yorkshirelad wrote:
emwmarine wrote:

So did she actually manage to ski within the percentage time for the french ski test ?

Her FIS points are not low enough to give her exemption from ET.
snow conditions
@stewart woodward,
Crazy, she can't instruct in France but she can race in Sochi.
snow report
musher wrote:
I was thinking about this while reading one of the SB threads. What do you need in the way of FIS points such that you wouldn't need to do the ET?

100 or better for men and 85 for women.

Can be GS or SL points.
ski holidays
altis wrote:
I'm surprised that nobody has asked to see her FIS points.

They very likely did.

NOC's who do not have any athlete meeting the A standard can enter one competitor of each sex (known as the basic quota) in only the slalom and/or giant slalom events. These athletes must have only a maximum of 140 FIS points on the FIS Points list on January 20, 2014.

On the 19th Jan her FIS points were 131.15
snow report
skison wrote:

On the 19th Jan her FIS points were 131.15

The FIS web site shows 112.12 points http://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/athlete-biography.html?sector=AL&listid=214&competitorid=168683&type=fispoints
ski holidays
@stewart woodward just spotted that. The 131.15 is for a race on the 19th Jan. You are correct her points had dropped to 112.12
latest report
altis wrote:
Her halo looks tarnished:

I'd give it a rub Razz
snow report
stewart woodward wrote:
Her FIS points are not low enough to give her exemption from ET.

Difficult to tell from this angle Wink
ski holidays
ansta1 wrote:
banned for 4 years from competition for fixing results.

She'd only have got 2 years for doping. Proportionate?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And FIS and the IOC were the last to know, it was an open topic and well known amongst the race community that something was off, have seen some of her training runs from a friend who was sharing a hill, and Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked How it took this long to be dealt with is the biggest suprise.
ski holidays
This week's FIS newsflash gives details for the FIS hearing and names exactly who has been penalised. Earlier today I looked at the results on the FIS website but the competitions have now been annulled and nobody will get any points. This means that Vanessa-Mae competed illegally in the Olympics. Will be interested to see what the IOC press release says...
snow conditions
She has appealed http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-sports/30333147
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy