Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feb Half Term 2015 - Resort Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the last 4 years we have taken our children (now 6 & Cool out of school in Mid March and we have gone to St Foy which we absolutely love - however next year we are going to face into going during school holidays. So it's either 15th Feb Or 28th March. We are currently considering 15th Feb.

We are now trying to work out where to go appreciating that Feb half term is busy. St Foy is a small, quiet, resort great for beginners & families - the slopes are often deserted because it is also famous for excellent off piste.....so perfect for us. But if we go there in half term it may well spoil all our perfect memories!!

So....where else should we look for a similar resort in Half term? Do we stay clear of France all together? My uncle mentioned Italy, Champoluc or Gressinay.....any experiences?

Any advice appreciated!

Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
doowykcin, Welcome to snowHead

Out of the options, I would personally go for 28th March. Although is Easter period, is a lot quieter and you will be able to leave booking untilo nearer the time to see where the snow is.

Having always done the same as you, I can't comment on how busy it is in half-term, but the price alone would put me off many places in France. Others will be able to provide more info than I on Italy/Austria etc

At those ages, I'd also be inclined to study your LEAs policy very carefully to see whether you'd be ok taking them for a week mid-March as you have done before.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Karellis is very family orrientated but with some excellent offpiste too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are some French resorts that seem a bit more affordable in Feb Half term - you have to look South though in the main........Devoluy, Puy St Vincent maybe, which I may be doing yet buit you have to make allowances on piste mileage and charm...mind you, you;ve been to St Foy.
I'd like to add one thing......I hope one day that Michael Gove rots in hell
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I didn't think MG was in post anymore? That said still worth considering all options. There's a lot to be said for overall attendance record and time of year. I'm looking at first week in January...it's the only short week of the term!
I'm considering term time next year...was extortionate at half term in general.
We did manage to get a reasonable deal at a really low cost/budget hotel very close to the piste in La Rosière .Very child friendly indeed. Loved it. Can fly to Chambery for the resort too so cuts the transfer time.
Instructors were brilliant. French families very helpful...pizzas reasonably priced and enormous Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stick with Ste Foy........
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Even the last time I was in Ste Foy at half term (several years ago) it was pretty busy. And absolutely chocka with brits and their brats. I'd highly recommend Champoluc in Italy. It's only ever busy at the weekends even in Feb. Or if you're all good skiers Gressoney also excellent. Generally much cheaper than France. You can still get an excellent expresso on the slopes for 1 euros. And if you're going Feb half term definitely DIY (book flights to Milan (plenty of choice on airports and always cheaper than Geneva) then car hire (less than 200 euros for the week last year) and a hotel.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've had to do the same for next year too. We've plumped for Vallandry, no idea what it will be like for half term though. If I tell you though that I got the last few spaces at New gen ski school when I booked it a few weeks back, I sense it will be busy Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm tempted by Champoluc/Monterosa for half term. Where is a good source for availability of apartments or small hotels for that area?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy