Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Völkl Bridge or Atomic Theory

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice on my next pair of skis.
I have narrowed my search down to the Völkl Bridge (171 or 179 - not sure) and the Atomic Theory. Problem is, I think I would need 177cm for the Theory, but the only deal I can find (Im in Europe) is for 168cm.
I am 5'10" 160 pounds and an intermediate-advanced skier - is 168cm going to be too short? Ive heard the theories ski a bit shorter due to the rocker. In general, I tend to err on the shorter side - my last skis were rossignol scratch ghetto 167 (I wanted to learn park, but 2 knee and 3 shoulder operations have made me reconsider!) and the length was ok, but I was looking to ski something a little longer. I spend my time now about 60% piste 40% off-piste.
So, can anyone give me advice on whether 168cm would be ok for this ski? And would 171 or 179 be better for the Völkl Bridge, bearing in mind i also prefer a shorter turning radius?.
Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The 177cm Theory will be fine for you. I am 170cm / 150lbs and find the 168cm a bit short. It's a very light ski too, certainly in comparison with the Bridge, but I've never really got on with Volkls.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm 5'11" tall and a few pounds heavier (won't say how many!!) and use the 177cm Theory and it seems about right for me....an excellent choice by the way.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The husband reports back to me that you should look at the 177 Atomic Theory. He reckons the 168 would be too short.

At 5' 8" and 70 KGs he thought the 177 was an awesome one quiver ski. He tested the 2014/15 models on a ski test. He also skied the 186 but thought the 177 was more versatile for someone of his size and weight. If you have anymore questions then just PM me and I'll get him to mail you back.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy