Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet suggestions (good fit with bolle goggles)

Poster: A snowHead
I'm after a helmet, as I'm fed up of stinky ones that you find in fridges and I'd like to know it fits well with my bolle gravity goggles when out on the mountain.

Any suggestions, I like the look of the bolle synergy soft black, but can't find it at a reasonable cost in my size 57cm-ish.

I'm assuming bolle helmets will fit well with bolle goggles, so am I stuck with bolle helmets or should I venture into different makes and hope it fits well with goggles when it arrives ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Little Martin, Only way is to go and try the helmets on with the goggles.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lord where to start. Well I have a Ruroc RG-1X (Because im an ugly phallus who wants to cover my face), but they certainly wouldn't suit the Bolle goggles. A lot of people have said POC or Sweet Protection helmets are good, but you really are best doing what scooby suggests - its the only way you'll if A) you like the fit and B) it fits you goggles. As with boots / skis try before you buy wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

am I stuck with bolle helmets or should I venture into different makes and hope it fits well with goggles when it arrives ?

no, lots of makes will probably have helmets which will fit well with the goggles but as scooby_simon says
Quote:

Only way is to go and try the helmets on with the goggles.

Quite apart from the compatibility between helmet and goggles you also need compatibility between helmet and head. I have a Giro helmet but of the half a dozen I tried on, ostensibly the same size, only one felt a really good fit.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

am I stuck with bolle helmets or should I venture into different makes and hope it fits well with goggles when it arrives ?

no, lots of makes will probably have helmets which will fit well with the goggles but as scooby_simon says
Quote:

Only way is to go and try the helmets on with the goggles.

Quite apart from the compatibility between helmet and goggles you also need compatibility between helmet and head. I have a Giro helmet but of the half a dozen I tried on, ostensibly the same size, only one felt a really good fit.

Woman of wise words!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks, will head into a shop with goggles
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I tried 3 or 4 different brands of helmets with my Bolle goggles (that I already had from the year before) and found the Salomon Pearl (being a girlie) was a good fit.

Others felt like they were pushing my goggles down onto my nose, or there was too big a gap at the top - you've just got to try on and try on until you find a combo that suits you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Little Martin wrote:
I'm after a helmet, as I'm fed up of stinky ones that you find in fridges?

You put your helmet in the fridge. Must make shutting the door a tad tricky!!!!

I'll get my coat.

Andy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
anderoo wrote:
Little Martin wrote:
I'm after a helmet, as I'm fed up of stinky ones that you find in fridges?

You put your helmet in the fridge. Must make shutting the door a tad tricky!!!!

I'll get my coat.

Andy

Razz
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
anderoo, leave the coat - it'll be sold and the money used to compensate the victims of your joke...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Little Martin, have to confirm i'm 100% with what scooby_simon says and even more with what pam w, says about head to helmet fit. I think she did well in only trying on 1/2 dozen! For me, although the lens material and tint technology may get the eye grabbing headlines, in reality (for me) the ultimate selection is made on various fits / small gaps etc with lens technology still considered BUT way down the list.
I use Bolle Nova. Sad guy - i have 3 pairs all £40 to 50 quid.

Anyway enough of me just wanting to chat online.
Good Luck.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just a thought here - I thought my Bolle helmet and goggles were fine until I got out in -20 and realised there was a 3mm gap between them - instant ice-cream headache! Not much fun at the top of the mountain

Best helmet I saw was one with a thin layer of material over the brow to avoid just that. Sorry - can't recall the make now but worth looking out for. Try before you buy!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
get a skul cap with thin on top and micro fleece around Geoffo.

As for getting a Helmet (oh I must resist). Try a helmet on with your goggles.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Picked up an atomic Nordic in white. Fits well to my head with no gap with googles.

Got it from snow and rock under mount hemel yesterday for £68 in their 20% off sale.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 1-07-14 13:55; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geoffo, RED helmets do a goggle gap thing, it is attached by velcro tabs to the helmet, the effect is as you describe
ski holidays
geoffo, Thats why I like my ruroc - nice toasty face Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy