Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shiny New Kit - Whats hot, Whats on your wish and dream list? and the bargains as well please!!!

Poster: A snowHead
We all love to dream so help a brother and sister out by showing us your new hot stuff ....

I m happy to start it off by saying I am going to try and jam my feet into a pair of these new Tecnica Cochise 130s like I'm Cinderella's ugly sister:

http://tecnicablizzardexperience.com/cochise2014/

and I'm also salivating over some of this Ortovox stuff too, especially the new zip hoody with Kangaroo pockets. Think I'll get onto livetoski early on this one! It's in French and a slow loader so apologies - post a better one if you have it! The ABS bags also look super good.

http://www.ortovox.de/xfiles/Flippingbook/2014-15/French/WB-2014-15_Gesamt_FR/#/1/

Also keeping an eye out for the new Down and DPS offers when they arrive. And the Volkl BMT's when the pricing comes out....

So what are you fellow posters chewing over ?

P.S. I know there is a very healthy Snowheads contingent who correctly believe that it is entirely possible to ski comfortably, safely and happily in a TKMaxx/Army Surplus/Aldi suit etc and I know that they are factually correct - I just like my kit, ok?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Im with you here, love nice shinny new kit. Ive not been on the mountain for a few years (baby, work etc), so this year I've booked 3 ski holidays to make up for it Happy (one being my first bash so cant wait)

With all the excitement of looming holidays, I had an excuse to buy new kit Happy. I've pretty well completed my purchases, but here was my list

- Head Supershape Titans for outdoors
- Rossi WC SL for indoors (Always raced on Head SL - the rossi are different but fun)
- Leki Carbon 14S poles
- Ruroc helmet with custom paint job (I know I will come in for stick off some on here, but who cares, I like them)
- Spyder Rival Jacket
- Ortovox freerider 16 and 24 (thanks to mihmash for finding an awesome price!) Decided at that price id have the 16l for most days skiing (I dont carry much) and the 24l for going a little further
- New gloves, base layers, midlayers, tops, hoodys (too boring to go into detail)

I think that's about me for now, although im sure I'll think of something else I 'need' rolling eyes

Wish the damn winter would hurry up and come around already!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Head Magnums to pootle around on when skiing with the wife.
Head iSpeed's to bomb around on when skiing with my son.
Salomon FIS SL for playing on
And I plan to keep my trusty Head iGS for some speedy cruising around.

New pair of Lange 130 Wide with ZipFits care of CEM at S4Feet when they arrive in the country.

Oh and about 6 pairs of skis for my son to keep racing on!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
scooby_simon wrote:

New pair of Lange 130 Wide with ZipFits care of CEM at S4Feet when they arrive in the country.
!

Cant fault you here. CEM is a god. I got my Rossi Radical WC SI 130 with zip fits off him, and they are just perfect!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't wait for my new Flylow gear to turn up, as well as some tasty kit from Whitedot. Apart from that its just some new Full Tilt Morrison's for this coming season!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just bought some Volkl Racetiger GS skis need to buy some bindings ( looking at Atomic X range ) and a ski helmet ( Sweet Protection ). If lucky maybe a second pair of skis but other half is already giving me dirty looks Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
speed098 wrote:
Just bought some Volkl Racetiger GS skis need to buy some bindings ( looking at Atomic X range ) and a ski helmet ( Sweet Protection ). If lucky maybe a second pair of skis but other half is already giving me dirty looks Sad

Yes I got those 'looks' when I mentioned 3 holidays! She is very good and understanding though, and booked 2 sun holidays to make up for it!! (im not a sun lover!!)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As my Enforcers are 6 years old now, I am beginning to look at these as possible replacements http://www.nordica.com/uk-ireland/products/el-capo/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It might be new board boots and bindings this year... have to see if I can find anything I like the look of...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just had some boot heaters fitted Toofy Grin

http://www.tiso.com/shop/hotronic/footwarmer-power-plus-e3/

After seriously numb feet last November in Tignes I think I've become a bit sensitive and these have been the biz for the last couple of weeks indoors. Only need them on for standing around when coaching.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
balernoStu wrote:
Just had some boot heaters fitted Toofy Grin

http://www.tiso.com/shop/hotronic/footwarmer-power-plus-e3/

After seriously numb feet last November in Tignes I think I've become a bit sensitive and these have been the biz for the last couple of weeks indoors. Only need them on for standing around when coaching.

I had some of those a few years ago but banged the battery pack off in the 1st hour!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some proper fat skis for powder, I'm on Salomon Q105's at the mo, looking at Rossi Super 7's or similar.........
Some bargains to be had right now Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mishmash, and you couldn't get a new battery? ...or is it a case of one warm foot and one cold one at a time Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have a a pair of Blizzard Crushes coming for my new everyday ski

http://www.skinet.com/ski/gear/blizzard-crush-iq-max-2012

and some bargain G3 skins

http://www.backcountry.com/g3-alpinist-elle-climbing-skins-womens?ti=U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM6Y2xpbWJpbmcgc2tpbnM6MTo4OmNsaW1iaW5nIHNraW5z&skid=GGG0183-ONECOL-S85MMLON

If I get a new job soon I also want some fatter skis,maybe a pair of Down 6 for touring although I felt I got bumped around a bit in crud with them so would also like something similar but much damper for lift served skiing.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Will be getting a lighter touring ski, somewhere around 115mm underfoot and 183-186 underfoot. Waiting to see the new Down models, and also eyeing up some Whitedots...

Will need new Dynafits to go with them, my current (second-hand) TLT Speeds have a weird habit of pre-releasing whilst skinning (weirdly no problem whilst skiing), which has lead to a couple of sketchy moments... Not sure whether to go with the Radical 2 or not... I don't have any concerns about the current tech releasing whilst skiing, but lower ramp angle would be nice and if the elasticity makes skiing on hard choppy snow any less of a nightmare I might be convinced... Don't really want the weight of the Beasts though.

Would love a pair of Cochises too to make resort skiing fun again, but don't really have the €€€.
ski holidays
A set of Radical 2 perhaps for elasticity reasons.

In dreamland, a Scott Pure or Black Crows Nocta as a second mega pow gnar fun charger
snow report
Want/ need some Moment Bibby Pros. However, hard to justify given I have skis that do most of what they do. And the fact that I'd have to import from across the pond.
ski holidays
Rishie, no need to import them now, you can buy them (online) from Black Sheep Sports in Munich.

I have the previous generation Bibbys and they're Be Nice please! awesome. On their last legs now though...
ski holidays
I need a new snowboard set-up but can't decide what.

On the ski side I've probably enough for now but the next pair could be some Majesty Local Hero's as an off piste \ touring ski. Perhaps QK'd for Dynafit or Alpine bindings.

After that I need to swap my unfashionably long ice Axe bought in haste for a trip to ski the Lakes last Winter, and I'm still trying to get some 'cross over' Alpine\Touring boots sorted which after much research and mucking around reckon K2 Pinnacle's will fit the bill.
ski holidays
I want to turn five pairs of skis into three.
snow report
meh, ha ha, this thread caused me to start looking at discounted ski's. I really don't need any more....
snow report
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
meh, ha ha, this thread caused me to start looking at discounted ski's. I really don't need any more....

Me to and a bunch of other gear! Also rather OCD it got me looking at how many skis I can get on the plane with my 32kg allowance rolling eyes
snow report
Spyderjon got me at a weak moment and is converting me and I lurve it!!!!:

New WD Carbonlite Directors along with Beasts quiverkillered across the old Preachers and the Redeemers too, skins and crampons; all to complete the cycle started with last season's upgrade, a pair of Technica Cochise. I will be watching it being all joined together at the Piste Office one day in August - can't wait!

It's turning into a whole new slidey game!!!
snow conditions
balernoStu wrote:
mishmash, and you couldn't get a new battery? ...or is it a case of one warm foot and one cold one at a time Toofy Grin

Actually the boots were poo-poo as well so I ended up getting some properly fitted ones and hey presto! warm feet!
ski holidays
mishmash,

Ortovox packs arrived this morning! Huge thanks again. Really great pack and service from 47degrees was second to none.
ski holidays
Couple of weeks ago picked up my new seriously cold gloves - Hestra Kaj & Sverre three finger jobbies. Edge and Wax did the job again, loving these gloves and I've not even used them. No velcro, those wrist tether thingies, all leather and super warm.

I hit the button after pressing some seriously old poles back into action for the coming season, new powder baskets and handles off some Decathlon cheapies and I am ready to roll. Total cost for new poles £10 Smile

Trying to work out whether I actually really need a new helmet. Have been looking at Poc Fornix Backcountry. It is just so light, fits nicely, but RRP £170+ currently has me waiting for a sale that doesn't seem to be happening.
snow report
clarky999, they have other Moment skis but not Bibby. Sad
ski holidays
Mistress Panda wrote:
... Poc Fornix Backcountry. It is just so light, fits nicely, but RRP £170+ currently has me waiting for a sale that doesn't seem to be happening.
Or buy it somewhere else in the world - that looks like a dollar price to me.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm tempted to look at some Dalbello cabrio boots from Fanatyk at Whistler ( if the boot shape suits) as they helped with a new intuition liner for my boots...

But i already have my major bargain from the March Whistler trip - a set of Kastle RX12 at 168cm, with Marker bindings and sales tax for 500 canadian dollars. ( I demo'd some MX88's but too big a jump in width from my previous atomic metron xi's).

Niece's hello kitty stickers added as a theft deterrent....

snow conditions
Rishie wrote:
clarky999, they have other Moment skis but not Bibby. Sad

They did have them this season, so probably will next too. Won't be cheap though...
snow report
Big K2 sale just come on... Personally not a fan but might be some value for some http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/K2_Skis-p1.html
latest report
mishmash, I just had the F10s for £140. Bargain. Much appreciated.
latest report
gorilla, Thats twice mishmash has found a great bargain for us snowHead , you seem to find all the goodies Happy - keep up the good work and you will earn your way to heaven Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Line Sick Day 110's, not sure as to which binding, ant ideas?
latest report
Current plan is new boots with both downhill and touring/tech options (I'm still in beginner boots!!), then both pairs of skis quiver-killered for existing Market Squire bindings, and new touring (tech) bindings - no idea which yet.

All business for SOLE boot lab, as I've already committed to an apartment in Cham again for the season Smile

Of course that'll mean getting skins for both pairs of skis.

And I'll be having a close look at the next Down sale, oooh, and at ABS backpacks...

Edit: must refrain from buying any new skis without testing! I love my skis, I don't need others! Though I do want to head to the ValTho opening weekend/ski test weekend, and check out the new WD Directors and Rangers at the PSB (if anyone brings them) or in Cham Smile
latest report
Not a skiing website as such but Mr Porter has Kjus and Peak Performance at a stonking 50% off almost putting them within reach of mortals...In fact the Peak Performance Heli Jacket looks quite feasible if I wasn't a complete Noronna tart. The Peak down and fleece layers also v tempting - the fleece is a bonded merino fleece type, similar to the Sweet Saviour (but dearer!) or the new Otrovox. Advantage over Sweet is the full length zip.

http://www.mrporter.com/mens/Sale/Designers/Kjus?sl=true

http://www.mrporter.com/mens/Sale/Designers/Peak_Performance?sl=true
ski holidays
if anyone comes across decent summer prices on Smiths I/O goggles please let me know Smile
ski holidays
kitenski, Here you go http://www.47degrees.com/products/details/i/15416-27g06/n/smith-io-recon-mod-live-goggle-w-ignitor-and-sensor.aspx Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
PaulC1984, perhaps the ones without GPS maybe a touch cheaper...winner so far on the price stakes is sailandski at £79...just not sure about the lens

http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Smith-I-OS-Goggles-2014--violet-ombre-black---red-sensor-lens---23133.html?gclid=CjgKEAjwiumdBRDZyvKvqb_6mkUSJABDyYOzk4g9XS5R2cjHBfPsfiwSWDbyx4CKOWlNAos3Odq1cPD_BwE#.U7phjPnnRX4
ski holidays
mishmash, Peak Heli kit is really nice - have pants and jacket from earlier seasons and they are the best I have owned (incl Norrona). Wouldn't pay full price, but 50% off makes them a bargain
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy