Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More Esprit messing around.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
FYI - The Esprit red wine was OK, although their version of vin chaud was not good. I'm no wine snob but the red was certainly drinkable of an evening with my dinner.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@geoffknight, On your head be it...

@Gaza, we were there last year and came back this year, so the improvements were easy to compare. A group of our friends, who don't have kids, also stayed in the hotel with us this year. We'd tried to prepare them with a few horror stories so they wouldn't be too shocked when they encountered the organized chaos of an Espirit breakfast, but they seemed pleasantly surprised as the new layout worked well.

Speaking of breakfast, the cooked 'full English' option was also improved over last year, good quality sausages and decent black pudding every morning... and passable attempts at fried bread too... and one of our party developed a severe addiction to the chefs banofee cheesecake - even asked for it at breakfast next morning,although sadly, all gone.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@geoffknight, On your head be it...

@Gaza, we were there last year and came back this year, so the improvements were easy to compare. A group of our friends, who don't have kids, also stayed in the hotel with us this year. We'd tried to prepare them with a few horror stories so they wouldn't be too shocked when they encountered the organized chaos of an Espirit breakfast, but they seemed pleasantly surprised as the new layout worked well.

Speaking of breakfast, the cooked 'full English' option was also improved over last year, good quality sausages and decent black pudding every morning... and passable attempts at fried bread too... and one of our party developed a severe addiction to the chefs banofee cheesecake - even asked for it at breakfast next morning,although sadly, all gone.

Sounding even better!

Breakfast last year wasn't too bad for us. We never struggled to find a table although it was busy. The 'full monty' breakfast last year was also pretty decent most days. Even on the 'day off' they managed bacon baguettes.

The DdS had a certain shabby chic charm. The rooms were functional but the bed comfy and sheets clean. That was fine for me. Not sure if the non-skiing Mrs Gaza would have viewed it the same way (had she come with us) as he prefers a bit more luxury. Laughing

The main reason we are going to La Plagne is they offer "Advanced" lesson there but not in Val d'Iere. There would be little point in Junior Gaza doing the intermediate class again and as it is just the two of us going I feel it is important for him to be in a class with other kids staying in the hotel. It helps him build a little social network (worked brilliantly in Val last year) and enables me to spend time with other adults in the evening.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Richard_Sideways, That's what Mrs K says, worth a try though. Thanks for the updates, it adds to the excitement Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are the mattresses any firmer, the pillows ok and the hot water, well, hot? Loved the location and thought the old bar quite cool, but we had many a bad night's sleep (or two).... Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't think they were particularly soft and we are used to firm matress and pillows at home...
Hot water never a problem on the 2nd floor and pressure was really good too
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy