Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any clever ideas for storing several pairs of skis?

Poster: A snowHead
I've got quite a few pairs of skis to store. They're mainly my kids' skis but there's quite a few old ones of mine too.
All in, I've got about 20 pairs to store.

Has anybody got any clever solutions for storing skis?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski rack?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
herminator wrote:
I've got quite a few pairs of skis to store. They're mainly my kids' skis but there's quite a few old ones of mine too.
All in, I've got about 20 pairs to store.

Has anybody got any clever solutions for storing skis?

I bought a ski rack......
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's a lot of kids. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lean them against a wall
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hang them from the ceiling (the skis that is, not the kids)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Buy some timber and build a ski rack, way cheaper and more fun and rewarding. The kids could help paint/varnish it afterwards. If you make the pegs long enough no reason you could not get 3-4 pairs in each section.If the ski's are expensive make a wooden spacer that slots over the pegs to keep the skis apart.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought everybody kept their skis under the bed Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
20 is a lot of pairs of skis! I struggle with just those I have. I've got a little used pair in my bedroom stuffed down the side of a wardrobe, a pair stacked against the bedroom wall waiting to sell, and 4 pairs in a large ski bag behind my lounge door!! 20 pairs doesn't bear thinking of, good luck with a solution, but a ski rack does seem to lend itself to that many doesn't it?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Valkyrie wrote:
I thought everybody kept their skis under the bed Puzzled

At some point, you run out of bed space. The obvious solution, acquiring access to somebody else's bed, comes with its own problems (especially if they also turn out to be a skiier).

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 19-06-14 22:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Take the old ones to your local tip.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Laughing Lift floorboards and store in the space in between joists? rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
meh wrote:
That's a lot of kids. Madeye-Smiley

With that many kids, there should be lots of beds! Problem solved Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eBay would be a solution. Mine seem to work their way around the house.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I keep my skis leaning up against the back of my wardrobe, behind the clothes. I could probably get four pairs of skis into one wardrobe that way. 20 pairs is indeed a lot!
ski holidays
Mine live in my office where I can look lovingly at them during the day (OK, and occasionally stroke them). They are also useful for barricading the door to prevent the kids getting in Toofy Grin
ski holidays
OUrs are in the ski bag in the corner of the hall at the moment, I am going to move them this afternoon because they are getting on my nerves and we aren't taking them back to France until August.
latest report
Get rid of half of them then, if you have a garage, make a rope "hammock" with two lengths of rope and hang them from the roof, horizontally.
ski holidays
They burn quite well. Then you will have room for a snowboard.
snow report
philwig wrote:
They burn quite well. Then you will have room for a snowboard.

Toofy Grin
latest report
You could make a garden bench or make them into garden art out of them Toofy Grin
latest report
We have 2 kids and the current count is 29 pairs of skis. I lean them against a wall in a garage and hide one or two of my bikes behind them....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy