Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Pursuit 18 / 18 Elite Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been looking for a new ski for a little while now but was holding off so I could use the BASI deals. Had been a problem that meant I couldn't use it though which has only recently been sorted, and as I'm off to NZ next week, time has been tight, leaving me with limited options.

Was talking in a shop with someone the other day who was recommending the rossi pursuit 18's amongst others, and managed to pick up a pair through the discount. However, when they arrived this morning, I realised that what they were talking about in the shop was actually the pursuit 18 elite's, not the 18's. Been trying to compare the two now and have seen a review that is suggesting the 18's might actually be a womens ski (and when searching on the website with this review it will only show the 18's if selecting skis for women, the elites only for men). Not sure if this is correct though as both are listed on the rossi website under mens skis.

I have found somewhere where the price of the elites has just dropped since I bought the 18's, leaving them only £30 more now. Assuming the rossi website is correct and they are both mens skis (and you would hope it is), does anyone have any opinions based on the two skis as to whether it would be worth switching to the elites? (Considering I have under a week to sort things and would need to return the 18's by post / courier, it needs to be fairly convincing!)

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Could the difference be simply that the Elite has an Ibox plate & race binding, while the 18 has the TPX system binding? Oh and the colour, one looks manly while the other... Very Happy

Tbh, I think only Rossi would know for sure if the skis were actually different. If you got them through the BASI offer then there is a contact form on the website, and they responded quickly to my requests when ordering stuff.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haha Very Happy. Yeah that looked like the main differences to me as well, comparing the specs online. Fortunately(?), the decision over whether to upgrade to the elites was taken out of my hands - I just ran out of time in the end and wouldn't have been able to make the switch before I went. Thanks anyway though!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy