Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hiring 4WD at Geneva Cointrin

Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations of which company to use for 4WD vehicle. The regular ones all very unhelpful.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skilegs, never had to try. Why do you specifically want a 4x4? (Just being nosy).

Hertz gave me the option of a Toyota RAV4 when I booked for this weekend.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch,
Quote:

Are you going shopping then? Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowbunny wrote:
David Murdoch,
Quote:

Are you going shopping then? Very Happy

or picking the kids up from school? wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"Gee, you guys just crack me up".

It's a quatre-quatre isn't it? I mean, maybe not one endorsed by the United Nations (if it's good enough for the peacekeepers it's good enough for me) but still 4WD.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
snowbunny, Hywel, I never knew DM was a hairdresser either ? Puzzled wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, Oi! I only said they gave me the option!

Needless to say I did not take it!!!

What did you do for your summer holidays then? Your hair's looking lovely innit.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, I say, David Murdoch, is sounding a bit defensive....you don't think he's got one do you Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowbunny, Luv, we'll need to do somefink abaht your split enz, innit.

I drive a real 4x4. 3.6L. 174mph.

Nowhere to put skis though.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch, I don't have any split enz! You might have a 4x4, but with no load bay it must be a Porsche. I'll take my washable load bay and room for loads of pairs of skis everyday, even if it is a soft roader ! Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowbunny, Ah! Yes, come the revolution mine'll be an '80's Nissan Patrol or similar with ski quiver and integrated boot warmers.

I might need a sportscar for summer tho'? All those delicious alpine bends...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch,
Quote:

integrated boot warmers.

Hmmm, useful, I guess that Nissan were thinking warm weather, when they made my car with can coolers on the dash Laughing I do have an auxiliary power plug in the loadbay, could be useful Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skilegs, in what way are they being unhelpful? I've used Hertz, Europcar and another one whose name escapes me at Geneva and had options of large Opel (=Frontera thingy), Subaru Legacy, Audi quattro.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've only looked at two threads on this site today. On the first one David Murdoch, is shaving his legs, on the next he's turned into a hairdresser who loves shopping and taking the kids to school. Shocked
Very worrying tendencies for a guy that I've supped ale with in LDA. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowbunny, don't forget there's one in the driver's glove box too. And one for the kids to plug the DVD player into.
ski holidays
Don't you just long for the old days when 4 x 4's were for farmers and soliers, and your choice was just long or short wheelbase defender. And of course no girlie gimmicks in them. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I long for the days when we had some rationality/objectivity on news/current affairs progs, instead of all and sundry (eg John Humph this morning) jumping on the "SUV's are destroying the planet" bandwagon Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:

snowbunny, don't forget there's one in the driver's glove box too. And one for the kids to plug the DVD player into.

I use the one in my glovebox for my Sat Nav. I'm not sure I have any more apart from the boot area one. Will have a good look Very Happy
Cymru am Byth,
Quote:

Don't you just long for the old days when 4 x 4's were for farmers and soliers, and your choice was just long or short wheelbase defender. And of course no girlie gimmicks in them.

Oi. I'm a girlie, and I'm not a hairdresser Twisted Evil
latest report
snowbunny, If big sports cars are said to be for blokes with a small manhood, what is the equivelant for girlies driving 4 x 4's. Laughing
snow conditions
Cymru am Byth,
Quote:

snowbunny, If big sports cars are said to be for blokes with a small manhood, what is the equivelant for girlies driving 4 x 4's.

Certain soft roaders like, Rav 4/Honda CRV/Freelanders...... Laughing Ducks and runs for burrow Laughing

Seriously, I quite like having electronic engage for the 4wd system...from the dashboard Shocked And how about....not having to reverse to disengage the hubs......I must be getting soft. Still, nowhere to put a winch. or a decent front bar though rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowbunny, I got the Sat Nav version (it was a free option), although I have had to give up the CD autochanger (which I miss like anything), def a socket in the back of the central console thingy. I'm going to try out the snowchains tomorrow .
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, I purchased a used car, so I have a freestanding Sat Nav. I luurve my CD Autochanger Madeye-Smiley . I will go look for that additional socket tomorrow. Good luck with the 1st fit of the chains, don't panic if they are in a knot in the bag, give them a shake and dangle and they will be ok Laughing
snow report
snowbunny, if we didn't live so close to the Nissan factory, we'd have bought used too. So many 'relatives' work there we got a brill discount. Once the apartment's sorted, I need to get an autochanger.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:

So many 'relatives' work there we got a brill discount

Make a statement like that on here, and you could get a whole new family wink Laughing
latest report
snowbunny, I though SnowHeads was a new family.
snowHead
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:

snowbunny, I though SnowHeads was a new family.

But of course snowHead Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy