Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

k2 superfree.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone advise, I know the k2 superfree has a rocker, but does it definitely ski short? Looking in sales and fancy this, and I think I would go for 160 as my current skis are 159 and seem to suit, but I'm only 5'4" so wouldn't want any longer. Budget is limited and I like the look of this ski for my requirements judging by user reviews.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm 5'4 as well - and rented the 153cms last year. I think your weight and ability matter too.
Have a look at K2's own website http://k2skis.com/skis/womens/superfree-76) for their size guide. Edge and Wax info is also useful http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/content/ski-sizing-guide.aspx.

I thought they were a great ski!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have some K2 Superstitious at 153, which look pretty similar to those (just a little bit fatter). I'm 5'4" and 67kg and a pretty strong skier. I've realised that they are far, far too short for me and I'm going to sell them when I get round to it. They're a great ski, and for someone smaller and lighter than me I'd highly recommend them. The rocker/camber has a lovely bounce to them, and they're very responsive. They're pretty forgiving, but if you're assertive with them they'll handle beautifully.

If you're a similar weight to me, I'd say you definitely don't want shorter than 160 and you should consider the 167. Ideally you'd get to try them both but I appreciate that's not always possible.

It's really striking how much difference a rocker makes to how they 'feel'. I did some ski testing at the EOSB, which was a process of trying longer and longer skis. I ended up on Whitedot Directors at 181! I was fearful I wouldn't be able to ski them at all, but they were astonishing. I loved them so much I've agreed to buy a pair for next year.

So, don't be afraid of the longer skis. I suspect you might find that 153s too small. If you are a strong and/or ambitious skier I think you could consider the 167s.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks so much for your replies. I decided to take the plunge and bought them! Beyond excited now and planning to get some freezer skiing in over summer. I couldn't see the 153s working for me but as I am short, didn't want to end up over skied. I've bought the anniversary edition as they were a really good bargain. The graphics are pretty much in your face, but that's ok, I'm not shy! Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well done! Now all you need is a new ski jacket to match!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great! Hope you love them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy