Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Luggage as present

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a sister who loves my stuff. She always takes my bags, backpacks and luggage and her birthay is near. So, I was thinking of buying her a luggage, so she can leave my alone. She has some big trip in September, so she will definitely need luggage and I think that this as present is a good idea.
So, what do you think, what brand should I buy? I am thinking hard case, but the problem is that I don't know which one is really good. What do you use?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skiing in September? Where? Hard cases are a bad idea for skiing, they use up half your weight allowance before you've packed anything else and many don't fit your boots easily inside. Better to have a lightweight, large wheeled holdall that carries your boots and all your clothing, etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As above, with tumbling weight allowances, lightweight luggage is crucial. I've seen brilliant ski/board/stuff carrying solutions which were smart, innovative and robust, but weighed about a third or more of your weight allowance, so completely pointless.

The best luggage I've seen recently is those The North Face Basecamp duffel packs - they're light, strong, cheap(ish) and waterproof, which is useful when your luggage is left on the tarmac in the pouring rain.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maybe she likes not having to store her own luggage when she isn't using it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm going against the grain as a hard suitcase user, purchased after I decided that I never wanted my dirty laundry spilling onto the conveyor belt again Embarassed A decent hard case is practically indestructible. I have samsontite ones, and my parents' Delseys must be past 30 years old now.

Yes, they weigh more, but I've been using 2 hard cases (one largeish but not the biggest available, one a bit smaller but bigger than cabin size) to pack for 2 of us skiing for years. One pair of ski boots in each case, both cases under 20kg without much effort, including shoes, hair dryer, loads of toiletries etc.

And they double as a seat while you wait for your lift wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarlet, I resurrected ours from the loft after about 8 years of inactivity to fly to Singapore last year. They are back up there again, as they just don't fit as well in the car as our holdalls.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hells Bells, they don't squash as well(!) as holdalls, but that increases the protection to the contents. Obviously that deepnds on your car too – ours has a rather small, odd shaped boot that holds practically nothing, so that's what the back seat is for Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've seen a new trend of late where anything soft, or with big, loose, handles/straps has to be carted by the PAX to a separate bag-drop area
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarlet wrote:
I'm going against the grain as a hard suitcase user, purchased after I decided that I never wanted my dirty laundry spilling onto the conveyor belt again Embarassed

You really made me think you know, that is really something you need to avoid. I tried to find some luggage with better solution for dirty laundry and I stubmled upon a site with best luggage brand and there I have found Genius Pack. They have like 100000 pockets and for dirty laundry as well. Maybe that one is the solution? Now, I am thinking betweek that Genius Pack and Samsonite (they are good) What do you think.

P.S. Oh, sorry I didn't mention, that trip is to France, Paris, she goes with her boyfriend for 2 weeks, it is sort of big deal. Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What's the skiing like in Paris?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy