Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving Geneva to Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
I am going to VT on boxing day and would like some advice on the best route (quickest) to drive from Geneva airport to Val Thorens. Do I go via Annecy Puzzled

More importantly wink , I need to fill up the hire car with booze (and a bit of food) at a supermarket Laughing . Does anyone know of any supermarkets that are likely to be open about 5pm on Boxing Day?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wazza,

I always went via Annecy, the other option is the Motorway via Chambery - longer but Motorway driving (with tolls).

Not sure what boxing day will be like but if it is busy it can take ages but it's not a 'changeover day' (Saturdays) so probably not too bad apart from the locals heading up to the Three Valleys & Tarrentaise. As far as Supermarkets I doubt any will be open (Albertville, Annecy or Moutieres) but the Casiono and Sherpa in ValT will be open.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks a lot for your response.

Are the Casiono and Sherpa OK ?(as far as supermarkets go!) My only previous experience of high altitude supermarkets was not great - expensive and not much stuff available. Ta
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wazza, your best bets are Geant in Albertville or Champion in Moutiers. I don't know if they will be open when you arrive. If you travel via Annecy (which is probbly the best route), the Albertville Geant is in the opposite direction to VT when you join the motorway at Albertville - but only by about a minute.

Consider the VT 'Supermarkets' as a UK village store.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wazza, I have tried both options, and I much prefer to stay on the motorway via Chambery, you can get stuck in traffic in Annecy/Albertville going the other route.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wazza, there's a Champion at La Salines, the exit for 3 Vallees from Moutiers, if memory serves, there's a Super U around there as well.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not so sure any of these will be open - they still shut supermarkets at lunch and don't open on Sundays! They probably even pay the staff a decent wage aswell!

Might be a chance though as they do most of the celebrations on Xmas Eve rather than Xmas Day I think i.e. Boxing Day may not be all that big a deal.

I would ask/ PM Easiski or PG if you defo' want to avoid the resort selection (which is probably ok) and prices (which probably are not ok).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy