Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lib Tech Skate-Banana Vs Burton Clash

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone:

I've been riding a Burton Clash now for 2 yeas and I am very happy as it has helped my riding to develop immensely.
Now that I am improving, I can feel that it does have a couple of drawbacks, for instance, the pop is not great and it does not grip well on ice and struggles in moguls.

Someone recently suggested the Lib Tech Skate Banana, so I did some research and have only heard good things about it. I am particularly excited by the MagneTraction technology which helps edge grip in those same situations that a V-rocker like the Clash struggles.

Is there anyone out there who has experience with both of these boards and can give me an honest comparison from experience ?

Or generally, what is your experience of Skate Banana as an all mountain, do everything, board ?

Would you recommend the Attack Banana perhaps over the Skate Banana?

All your informed opinions are welcome.

Rez.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BoardLover wrote:
Would you recommend the Attack Banana perhaps over the Skate Banana?

As an all mountain deck yes very much so. I'm looking at softer rocker boards myself but only because I've already got something similar to the Attack.

I don't think it was the Clash holding you back in the moguls. They're just not easy and take time to get the hang of.

You saw those nutcases doing boarder X in the Olympics? Stiff. Camber. Not wiggly edges. The skate banana needs magnetraction because without it it would be like riding an actual banana. A bit of camber helps with pop, grip, stability and responsiveness. A bit of rocker helps with quick turns, playfulness and float in soft snow. You're ready to step up rather than sideways. There are loads of really decent all mountain boards available.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was initially considering the Attack Banana as it would make sense to move up one grade, however, the reviews that I'd found, mainly video blogs, do not describe it as anything special.
In a 3-way trial between the Skate, Attack and Magic banana boards, no-one mentioned the Attack, and even described it as not really suitable for any kind of rider they could think of.

I just don't want to spend a lot of money on a board and be disappointed once I actually taste it on a piste.

Any More info is appreciated about all these matters, but most importantly,

Clash -Vs- Skate Banana ????

BW, Rez
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I said Attack because that's the board you mentioned. If I was looking for a new all mountain board from Lib then it would be the TRS.

If you want a great park board that handles the rest of the mountain well and is a lot of fun then the Skate Banana is a good choice. I tried it, I liked it and if they were cheaper I'd have one. It's certainly a better board than your clash.

If you're looking to take your all mountain riding to the next level then something like the TRS would be better. If you are willing to consider other brands then you'll get more value for money with Rossi, K2, Salomon, Rome, Ride etc. I think the Yes boards are very tempting also.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i wouldnt personally buy a lib tech without trying out magnetraction first. I'd rather ride anything else on the market other than a lib....

as for the clash not gripping on ice and not performing on moguls...its not the board Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Banana is a lot of fun, not great at carving though, magna works well. Agree that they don't really push ones riding ability but assist it as they are pretty forgiving.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy