Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis on Singapore Airlines

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booking up for next Christmas/New Year and the cheapest flights from Manchester to Munich are with Singapore Airlines. The baggage allowance is a very generous 30kg and their website says that skis can be taken as part of the overall luggage allowance.

When we arrive in Munich we'll be getting the train to Landeck then taxi to our hotel in Serfaus. Ideally I want to take both my wife's skis and mine in one double ski bag, 'cos it's got wheels. I know on some airlines that could be a problem as one of us would end up with more than 30kg of luggage while the other one had much less.

Does anyone know if Singapore Airlines are happy to share two people's luggage allowances between three pieces of luggage?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can easily get 2 pairs of skis in a wheelie bag and come out under 23kg IME.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We flew SA last year and they were terrific. I would contact their excellent Customer Services http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/contact-us/ and have a chat with them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No drama. We have been flying Singapore from MEL to ZRH for 5 or 6 years, and never had a problem with a double ski bag... even when the allowance was a nominal 20kg.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BTW: They have always added our (wife & mine) luggage together for calculating the weight. Mine is almost always over - bigger boots and skis - while her luggage is usually under.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
are you sure its SA and not code share?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ulmerhutte, We flew from Manchester, via Munich and Singapore, into MEL - What a great city you have there.

Nice breakfast on the MAN-MUN leg Valkyrie. Checked in on-line and arrived 90 mins before take off. Most had checked in by then and we walked straight to the front of the bag drop desk.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The SQ327 - 09.10 departure MAN-MUN is SA, not codeshare, drops in Munich and then onto Singapore - 777-300ER
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the info folks. I thought it'd be a codeshare when I first saw it come up but it really is a Singapore 777. Cracking value at £180 return for going out the Saturday before Christmas and coming back the Sunday after New Year. Would prefer Easyjet from Edinburgh but that comes out at £300 each.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd emailed the airline before I started this thread. They've now replied and confirmed that the total weight limit of a group of people can be shared across as many pieces of luggage as we like. And we don't need to book sporting equipment in advance. Why can't all airlines be like this?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
You can easily get 2 pairs of skis in a wheelie bag and come out under 23kg IME.

Yep should be fine;

I took 2 pairs out last year; Head FIS SL and GS in double wheelie bag; total was about 19kg with a few extra bits in the bag as well Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

the total weight limit of a group of people can be shared across as many pieces of luggage as we like. And we don't need to book sporting equipment in advance. Why can't all airlines be like this?

easyJet will let you pool allowances too. And you don't have to book baggage in advance (though you pay more if you don't).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Quote:

the total weight limit of a group of people can be shared across as many pieces of luggage as we like. And we don't need to book sporting equipment in advance. Why can't all airlines be like this?

easyJet will let you pool allowances too. And you don't have to book baggage in advance (though you pay more if you don't).

I was very pleasantly surprised by easyJet when we flew with them for the first time at Easter. Everything was excellent, except what they wanted to charge me for ski carriage Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
ulmerhutte, We flew from Manchester, via Munich and Singapore, into MEL - What a great city you have there.

Thanks Frosty... Yeah, it has a lot going for it, but 30 hours door-to-door to St Anton is not one of them. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy