Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is 25.2.2006 a good week for Saalbach?

Poster: A snowHead
Would the week of 25.2.2006 to 4.3.2006 be a good week for Saalbach in terms of crowds and or conditions? Would the week prior or week later be preferable? Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RISkier, apparently it would. The previous 2 weeks are the uk half term weeks so it wouldn't be mobbed with british kids. Also I don't think many of the european kids are off then so crowd wise it should be about as good as you'll get barring the 1st week in Jan. condition wise I personally have no experience but from research and talking to others it should be very good timing.

On top of that, I'm going that week with my mate, and another snowHead , hayleyt is going then too ..... come on and join in the party snowHead snowHead

PS: I could have gone the week before or after but I think its the best choice.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Crowds maybe you can forecast - if you can forecast conditions this far out let me know & give me Saturday's lottery numbers while you're at it Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RISkier, I've been to the Tyrol and Salzburg region (including Saalbach) the same week (end of Feb) for the last 4 years and had fantastic conditions the majority of the time, especially the last 2 years which have been very cold. That said, expect anything from powder and heavy snow to typical spring snow, e.g. fairly packed first thing and softening throughout the day. No slush though and the slopes are well groomed in Austria in general.

Crowd wise, I never queued for more than 5 mins at most on the busiest lifts and the rest we pretty much went straight on. The resort will be full I imagine but the lift network is excellent and gets people up and dispersed around the mountain fairly quickly. Nightlife will be buzzing too as always in Austria. Go for it!

Don't go the week before as it's half term for UK and most German schools. The week after may mean softer conditions as half of the runs are on the south facing side of the mountain.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, we've finally booked it. Staying at the Hotel Panther. Adamski, I could maybe be talked into buying a a pint for a few snowheads. I'm basically a boring old curmudgeon but my wife's pretty entertaining.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RISkier, count me in! Is that a pint between all of us to share or one each!!! wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hayley t,

You mean it'll take more than one for the bunch of you Puzzled Just don't make me break up any fights over rugby.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RISkier, happy days - you're on! mine's a bucket of guiness!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Adamski, Why do I think I'm going to regret this offer?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RISkier, We're going that week too, picked it initially because the price dropped after the school hols, and the historical snow record was good, not too cold, but not so warm that it was slush in the afternoons, and as previously mentioned, one side of the valley is in shadow and north facing, so you can hop from sun to shade depending on the weather. But even back in August we couldn’t find rooms in a hotel (for 7 of us) we could afford with the tour operators, (only seemed to be expensive ones left) so we have gone independent for the first time, going to the cheaper Hinterglemm. Booked it all online, even the minibus from the airport, very easy once we got over the language barrier with hotelier (tourist office was so helpful with this though) and we have saved about £150 per person. More to the point, we only paid a small deposit for the rooms, and don’t have to pay the rest till the end of the holiday, plus no sitting around at the airport waiting for 200 suitcases to arrive, and those 2 people that always seem to get lost somewhere between the arrivals lounge, and the coach park!!!

So if you see a mature lady on Blades, with POLES, a bloke of equal maturity skiing on one leg (who is now recovering from a knee op), and 3 lads over 25 (2 are ours) that think they are on a downhill racetrack, it could be us, so give us a wave!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sharon1953,

Well, you should try to join us. I think I could swing a round for this crew (hopefully we're not talking throngs of thousands or we'll have to put it on my wife's credit card). I think it's a good week. Now, we booked it online and it was available and then got a call saying the travel agent didn't really have control of the room, so now I'm worried. Trip planning this year has been very frustrating. We were talking about Saalbach way back in the summer. Then my neice's husband took a job in Aspen. My neice is terrific and we've not seen each other for quite some time and she really wanted us to come to Aspen, couldn't pass up free lodging in Aspen. The job evaporated and so did our Aspen trip. Thus, we've really gotten a very late start, especially for planning a Saalbach trip. We've loved our limited time in Europe and Saalbach just sounds perfect for us, so I really want this to work out. Hope to meet you and your family in Saalbach.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RISkier, thanks, that would be great, we're going with our best friends as well as the boys, so 7 of us. Snow forcast reports are flooding in, so looks like there will be plenty of the white stuff to play in. I'm watching the calender wishing the days away, which is so silly really, as I will be that bit older too, but it's the same every year, and in the blink of an eye, it's all over and done with and the ski clobber is back in the wardrobe. We promise ourselves every year that we will grab a 2nd break before the end of the season - but it never quite happens. Pressure of work, lack of funds and the fact that my cat might leave home, having endured one week in the cattery, she thinks that's as much as any self respecting cat should have to put up with!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yahoo, got the room and reservations confirmed! See you in Saalbach!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RISkier, Congratulations Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi all, 7 weeks to go, so where are we all having this drink then, or is too early to arrange?
snow report
sharon1953, Hi there, I'm just coming back down to earth after a fanstastic week in Bad Gastein, but I will try and unearth the names of the bars we visited last time and we can go from there.
ski holidays
hayley t, thanks, my sons of 25 and 28 want to know which are the best nighclubs/bars etc to go to later in the everning (after the apre scene and evening meal)!!!
ski holidays
sharon1953 wrote:
hayley t, thanks, my sons of 25 and 28 want to know which are the best nighclubs/bars etc to go to later in the everning (after the apre scene and evening meal)!!!

see my replies on the other saalbach/hinterglemm thread. hinterglemm is more party town, and taxis are cheap (number is 6620 local).
ski holidays
paulhothersall, oops sorry, yes already printed and kept that lot, thanks. Thanks for the Taix number. We will probably be happy to stay in Hinterglemm at night (perhaps go to Saalbach couple of times) but the boys might prefer the "down town" scene!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy