Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booster straps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of Lange RX130 boots which come with a cam lock power strap like the booster straps. But the booster straps come in three grades
soft, medium and would cup with different amounts of elastic in them. The Lange power straps have no elastic in them at all and have no give.
I do find the boots have very little flex in them.
So is it worth considering fitting the medium booster strap.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only concern is that the boots stiffness will stop you flexing before the strap comes into play. I have a WC booster on a 130 flex boot and find it makes it a little more forgiving.

Is your goal to reduce stiffness?

oh little gripe about the thicker boosters, if you are used to tucking your strap under the cuff they are a bit thick sometimes and form a horrible pressure point on the shin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dulcamara, My goal is to make the boot a little more forgiving. If the recommendation are to go for the would cup that's fine. I was thinking the would cup boosters was
more for a race boot with a flex of 150 + flex
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Basically the way i would look at it is:

Worldcup would give you a very slightly softer flex but still retain all the spring that the booster is supposed to have

Medium (expert i think it's called) will be softer and keep the tongue snug to your shin but as you already find the boot stiff, you may find the boot stops flexing before you get the spring,

Given your goal I would take the latter, it will just be a more comfortable ride.

Regarding things like flex numbers and the words: medium, expert and world cup i wouldnt wory too much about them, they're mostly BS anyways (I highly doubt they produced a whole line purely for WC racers wink )
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't know about the Lange, but I wanted to soften my BD Factors which are rated at 130, I changed the booster strap for an elastic one and it worked well, the stiffness is still progressive but just a bit more forgiving.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jbob, do you know which one you are using
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
he's using Expert, that's the perfect tool for adding "pop" or "rebound" to all modern boots, especially the hybrid ones.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have you tried just taking out one of the cuff retaining bolts on the back first..
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rob988, yes I have but they still feels dead and lifeless
I like the sound of having so pop
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It will feel worse if you remove the "Overshoot" bolts
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have the medium(two elastic bands) on my Lange Super Banshees.
I bought the medium strap as it is adviced by Booster to start with less rigid one in order to get the feel. The Super Banshees(flex130) have a stock elastic power strap but with velcro, not a cam lock buckle.
The difference was big for the better or I fell pray to the Booster Strap rave.
My AT boots, Scarpa Skookum(skied them just once) come stock with a three band, Scarpa branded Booster Strap.
Next season I will try it on the Langes and tell you the result.
You can always buy the World Cup, try it and cut one of the bands.
Irreversibly unfortunately Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've ordered some expert one's of CEM, and I,m off to Hemel next week so will report back
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy