Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking France cheaply for next season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I don't know the name of it tbh.This was a picture i took at it but it's probably impossible to tell which bar it is.Think the band in the corner were playing classical type music.My mate paid 55quid for 1 beer and a Spaghetti Bolognese Laughing Ridiculous.

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here is another one actually.Maybe an eagle eyed forumer can see the name on the back of the guys shirt.

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So you go to a swanky mountainside restaurant with a fabulous expensive view, it doesn't look very packed, the few other customers look well heeled, they can afford to pay for a 3 piece cellist, banjo-ist and saxophonist and you are surprised at being charged equivalent to London restaurant prices for food and drink. Hmmmm....

Did you not check out the menu before ordering?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As an aside one of the last mountainside restaurants at Val Thorens that changed hands did so for over 2m euros. One restaurant bang in the middle of the village i'm led to believe that the rent on the property just for the winter season was well into a 6 figure sum.

The people who run these businesses are going to want a return on their investment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
emwmarine wrote:
So you go to a swanky mountainside restaurant with a fabulous expensive view, it doesn't look very packed, the few other customers look well heeled, they can afford to pay for a 3 piece cellist, banjo-ist and saxophonist and you are surprised at being charged equivalent to London restaurant prices for food and drink. Hmmmm....

I go to London a lot and have never paid anywhere close to 10.50 for a beer.I live in Amsterdam and find it to be more expensive than London.Also the restaurant looked no different to any of the other restaurants we went to up the slopes and they were half the price.Also like most people i didn't ask for a menu when i was only ordering a beer.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FullyTucked, it says "staff"... I presume that isn't the name of the restaurant Twisted Evil

Actually, you were in "Le Hors Piste" and I claim my €55 bowl of spag bol. Actually, a plain old spag bol would have been €22.50 if the menu online is up to date, not €55 (even with a pint...). That glass looks like they might be serving draught biere de Mont-Blanc which is "premium", etc. But even so...

Mind you even that's not cheap and it must be said that every couple of seasons or 3 we decide to give that place another shot and always vow never to go back.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FullyTucked wrote:
emwmarine wrote:

I go to London a lot and have never paid anywhere close to 10.50 for a beer.I live in Amsterdam and find it to be more expensive than London.Also the restaurant looked no different to any of the other restaurants we went to up the slopes and they were half the price.Also like most people i didn't ask for a menu when i was only ordering a beer.

Well you've got your easy solution for next time.
1) Don't go back there.

2) Ask how much things are before sitting down.

p.s. I can show you plenty of places in London that are more expensive.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's just as well you were here to tell me not to go back there otherwise that is the only place i would have went back to.I would have got in to so much debt,my wife and kids would leave me before i eventually couldn't take anymore and committed suicide.

Who asks how much a pint is before deciding to have one or not?I find that very chavy and embarrassing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In Valmeinier earlier in the year (in a not very flash place!) I ordered a pint of Galibier. The lady serving looked at me and said "Are you sure? As it's €12 a pint". I think she was kind of meaning, "maybe just have a half" rather than "are you sure you can afford that?". Or possibly she was thinking "I'm not sure if you're going to kick off when I ask you for €12 after pouring you a pint, so I'll warn you first".

I still went for the pint, partly out of embarrassment, partly because the OH said it was ok to Laughing

Other beers were a lot cheaper, but it was our last night and I'd been meaning to find somewhere to try the beer. It was very nice, but not €12 worth of niceness. I'm no beer connoisseur so it was kind of wasted on me.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy