Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski Rep Interview

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thank you so much for this information! I have my interview for a Ski Rep role with Crystal in a few weeks, I've done a few google searches and everyone says the same format for the day, it's also helpful that on the document they've sent us it mentions that there will be a presentation task, group activity etc.
I'm looking forward to it!
Thanks also to Dav, I'm 20 and have been uneasy about what age groups the company will be looking for.

Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've worked for TUI (Crystal's parent company) since I was 16, and have done two seasons for Crystal. My first was as a Hotel Host and my second as a Rep. I'm also going back next year hopefully as Resort Supervisor so can give advice if anyone needs it Smile

Interview goes pretty much as previously mentioned. Very X Factor boot camp style where you are split into 2 groups after lunch and 1/2 have made it to individual interviews and 1/2 are let go. The only thing I would add is that they are really hot on selling techniques and focus a lot on features and benefits of a product. On the Assessment Centre day, the morning was 20 or so of us, and one of our tasks was to spend 5 minutes thinking about 'something we couldn't live without' and then stand in front of the group and explain the reasons why. What they were really looking for was that you could really sell to everyone else why your 'thing' was so good. Essentially give several features and benefits. Loads of people really missed the point though and just said "I like music, I've performed in theatre for years blah blah...me me me". Choose something really original, or give quirky benefits because everyone chooses "music because it makes them relax". And it really doesn't matter what you 'sell' as long as you do it well - I actually talked about the doughnut hair accessory I had in and made it humourous which was memorable.

On a side note, being cocky and saying how amazing a skier you are and boasting about how many ski resorts you've been to rather loudly will get you nowhere so don't be intimidated by people like that. None of those types at my interview got the job!

In the afternoon, the interview is pretty standard questions. A run through of your CV. Put emphasis on any customer service, sales, presentation, supplier relationships, social media, admin as your role will use all of these. Questions are along the lines of Give an example of: a situation where you've improved a process, excellent/poor customer service, a problem you've successfully solved, what makes a good team .....

Good luck!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holdix, Thanks a lot for your comments! Interesting about your donut hair accessory! For my first job when I was 16 I had to sell something to the interviewers, couldn't think of something on the spot, so they made me talk about how I did my nails on that day! So I just spoke about the different polishes I used and how long it took, looks like these companies are looking for people who can take their information about products and services and then pass it onto the customer in an interesting way whilst not leaving out any detail.

Thanks a lot for your help again, I have an Assessment Day Wednesday for another ski company but for a hotel/chalet assistant, still - looking forward to the practice and experience that these days will give me Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dav,

Hey Dav

I have my interview with Crystal in just under a week!
I was wondering if you get to choose which site you do your welcome meeting on or you are given it? Also how long are you given to prepare?
And just out of wonderment what did you choose as your apes ski activity?

Thank you
Ross
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi rossman787,

I had my assessment centre yesterday, not for Crystal, my centre with Crystal is in a couple weeks, but from what I've heard from people the day I had yesterday is kind of similar.
I wrote a blog post on it here: http://teikallistei.tumblr.com/post/87911478367/first-assessment-centre
Not in a grand amount of detail but just the sort of activities we were given and what I thought of it.

Reassuringly, the setup of the day allows you to really get to know other interviewees and just having a good chat with them puts you at ease to know you're all in the same boat.

Hope it's some help, good luck for your interview let us know how it goes!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rossman787 wrote:
Dav,

Hey Dav

I have my interview with Crystal in just under a week!
I was wondering if you get to choose which site you do your welcome meeting on or you are given it? Also how long are you given to prepare?
And just out of wonderment what did you choose as your apes ski activity?

Thank you
Ross

Hi Ross.

I was told in advance of the welcome meeting requirement, so I had time to prepare and practise beforehand. Perhaps if you haven't heard by now they may have changed the format? My recruitment day was back in 2010 so it's a possibility. The idea was that we were supposed to replicate a welcome meeting by a rep, and we all got to choose our own resorts (as otherwise you're talking about something you know absolutely nothing about). It may be worth checking if you're supposed to have received this information yet or not, but perhaps they've changed the format. I went on holiday with Crystal in Feb and they don't do presentation Welcome Meetings any more as they were getting more towards providing a liaison point for one-to-one chats instead of the traditional stand in front of 100 people approach.

Nonetheless, if you're applying for a rep something of this sort will likely make an appearance (as it's a huge part of the job), so its worth doing a bit of research on a resort you know a fair amount about already.

As for our après-ski activity, it actually wasn't après ski per se, (I think I phrased it wrongly in my earlier post, it's an event during the holiday that Crystal can sell to guests. We ended up with a "treasure" hunt where you solve clues then have to find certain "things" located about the mountain on the slopes. It really doesn't matter what the idea is, I don't think (unless its completely and utterly idiotic!), they're more looking at the way you interact and get involved.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ross,

I've just looked through my laptop and found my welcome speech notes from my Crystal assessment. I'll ping them over to you by private message, perhaps some of it may be of use (my assessor at the time asked if I had repped before, which I hadn't, as it was exactly what they were looking for). If any other potential Crystal-ers are interested then give me a shout and I'm happy to forward it on.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey Dav,

I know this is an old post but I am wondering whether you could help me out by sending over your speech notes? I have my assessment day coming up and I'm just wondering what kind of lines I need to go along with haha. I could go off in various ways but it would be great to have a general idea!

I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Tas
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dode, Nice & helpful step-daughter report Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy