Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tell me all you know about Engelberg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
JT,

I was there march 7 til march 12, did not notice any film crew, did see a photo shoot setting up for some skiers to jump off a cliff!

Wayne
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
waynos, thank you for that info. I've emailed them and asked for him by name, so we shall see Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The glacier is very easy to route find although take due care. If you are used to these type of things a guide is overkill

Sorry - but I have to respond to that comment.

You should never ski off piste on a glacier without a guide - never. I have many years of off piste experience as well as having been trained in leading groups off piste. What was hammered home time and again in that training was the point I have just made.

I am hoping this does not sound like a rant but this is literally a life and death issue.

As for Engelberg - I skied there last year for the first time for a week off piste with guides. With good conditions it is in my view one of the best off piste areas in Europe. I noticed as I was going through the airport back in January the Dail Mail ski mag had on it's front cover words something like - Engelberg, Switzerland's best kept secret! I don't think it will be for much longer with publicity like that.

I would not recommend it if you are looking for intermediate cruising. It's a bit disjointed and the long genuine black run off the very top is never pisted and I believe is not recommended for anyone less than a strong intermediate.

I concur with other posters about the quality of the scenery and the limitations of the nightlife. My advice would be to stay in a good hotel, have a relaxing evening and save your energy for the next day's off piste.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
waynos,

Can't remember my exact dates but I think we would have overlapped. And the crews were Warren Miller - I know because I asked them, so expect footage in this years film that has just been released, and those "crazy canadians, in the Miller's crew words" who were jumping huge all over the place. In town were Shane Mc Conkey and Seth Morrison etc etc. I remember the riders all being short and after those jumps I can only see them getting shorter... Laughing

richjp,

No problem with your comment
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy