Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix - Brevents area vs Cham Sud

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On behalf of a mate, any opinions out there about whether to stay in Cham Sud vs. Brevents?

Cheers,

DM
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch, I like Brevent over Cham Sud. Sud can get rowdy, parking is a pig, and unless you are heading up the Aguille du Midi, getting to the lifts is a bus/car ride. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch,
Brevents as Sud is Swede city.....!!! One or two funky bars and cheapo eat houses but otherwise as snowbunny says.

Anywhere near Bacons is good as they will mostly be heading up the valley to Argentierre, Flagere etc anyway. And for the trips down to the midi...which is a must at least once or twice a week.. the bus will work out... But if there is one resort where a car is ness' it is this town IMV.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stayed in the Sud ghetto back in Feb, had a great week apart from getting my hotel room burgled on the last night whilst sleeping in the room. Possibly too much to drink and left the door open, but not too sure. Woke up in the morning and started packing, taking an age to realise we had been robbed as item by item was found not to be there, first the camera was gone, then some cash, then watch, then mobile phone.

After 30 mins of not finding anything, and what with the door open my spider sense told me we had been robbed........ quick eh

Would go back again though, just taking more care when locking up for the night.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The burglary story starts to ring a bell with me from someone else a while back. Is this a major problem as I'm taking a group to stay in a couple of Cham Sud appartments & almost inevitably there will be people with varying appetites for nightlife & only 1 key per appartment. Any view?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob,

Well, lots of ski bums with little money ...!!

I know that is a generalisation but I think it would be very prudent to keep an eye on possesions in any large ski town...

We don't stay in Sud because it can be too rowdy too late at night and we are always headed up the valley mostly so anywhere the other side of town suits us best. The high road between Brevents and Flagrere lifts is best for us...and not too much traffic for the car..
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob,
It's not the key that's the problem, as various chalet staff/reps/cleaners/friends will have copies.
I was burgled in La Tania, our chalet had a combination lock... which hadn't been changed since at least start of season, and was known to umpteen people.
At least my travel insurance did not specify 'evidence of forced entry' as a pre-requisite to my claim.
However, petty crime is generally opportunist (in our chalet, only the bottom 2 floors of rooms were rifled thro')

There are no easy answers (although hotel safe's are usually pretty secure)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy