Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The worlds 100 best ski runs according to CNN.

Poster: A snowHead
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/13/travel/worlds-best-ski-runs/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A random selection, in no particular order. Some asinine comments. In short, a page-filler only.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a fair amount of tosh

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 6-05-14 7:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The World according to CNN: unusually this article contains places outside North America but it is doubtful if they have ever ventured outside North America.

CNN wrote:
99. Valluga, St. Anton, Austria....... reachig Zürs -- famous for its mountaintop restaurants....

Whilst Zürs is a special place for me, THE restaurant is OK it is not that special.

CNN wrote:
47. Sella Ronda, Dolomites, Italy....The 16-kilometer route passes below limestone crags....

Shoddy research..the Sella Ronda circuit involves aprox 16 km on lifts and 21 km skiing

Worth a read for the memories it brings back...but I guess it is just a random collection from different contributors. It contains among the inaccuracies both extreme runs and green cruises. It would be quite a task to compile top 100's extreme, top 100 mellow etc. and them put them in order but it would help to pass the summer....then again, I need some exercise to be in some sort of shape for skiing.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 6-05-14 8:17; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This one's my favourite entry:

33. Cosmiques Couloir, Chamonix, France
"Chamonix's Cosmiques Couloir, off the Aiguille du Midi cable car, is my favorite run," says Dynastar skier Forrest Coots.
"There's a short side-step to the entrance, then a rappel and you're in the couloir. It's an 800-meter couloir that's 50 degrees at the top, mellowing to 45 degrees, exiting on the Bossons Glacier.
"From there it's a case of navigating the glacier's seracs down to the Mount Blanc tunnel and Chamonix."
Watch out for: Entire, fur-clad families snaking down the mountain in perfect crocodile formation.
Rating: Black
tignes.net

Fur-clad families in the Cosmiques Couloir? And in Tignes? Hmm...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Insane Smile
Quote:

80. Saslong, Val Gardena, Italy
Here's a good place for airtime.
The middle section contains a series of three jumps, the center one of which can be cleared if you approach at high speed.
Watch out for: Coming up short when trying to clear the middle jump.

Unless they write this from racers perspective, I would really love to see anyone hobby skier flying over Camels in Gardena... even if course would be closed, and even just so little that "coming short when trying to clear middle jump" would be problem Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This one's good, too:

"51. La Face, Val d'Isere, France

Watch out for: The bottom, which appears out of nowhere."
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
18. Rotegg, Titlis, Engelberg, Switzerland

Dynastar World Cup Ski Racer Dominique Gisin loves the first run he ever skied.

He?!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chamcham, I suspect that must be a reference to a fallen skier.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnE,
Laughing & what a bottom she has. Ding Dong.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chamcham wrote:
This one's good, too:

"51. La Face, Val d'Isere, France

Watch out for: The bottom, which appears out of nowhere."
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I don't know why that's on there anyway, it's so flat and boring iirc
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
did they do any research whatsoever?

Quote:

47. Sella Ronda, Dolomites, Italy

This is more like a long-distance circuit than a ski run.

The 16-kilometer route passes below limestone crags, through alpine meadows and mountain villages.

^^it's a fraction more than 16km.

Quote:

60. L'Aigle Noir, Morzine France

^^trying to work out which one that is. Thought Morzine couldn't think of any names better than Piste A and Piste F.

Quote:

93. Hidden Valley, Cortina, Italy

Rating: Red

^^99% blue/green with a long poling schlepp at the end. Or walk if you're a boarder. And then the 2km horsey ride.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
31. Sache, Tignes, France
This run is located next to the Aiguille Percee or "eye of the needle."
The first half is steep, with moguls so huge they have to be climbed down if you're a snowboarder -- skiers should find it easier.
The second half is easier, snaking all the way down to Tignes le Brevieres, the resort's lowest point.
Watch out for: Car-sized moguls.

No one mentioned car sized moguls at the top on the other thread about black runs Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's because it's nonsense! The top half is quite often pisted. It certainly has been the last two times I did it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I thought the list was an interesting selection myself. It is not surprising that some errors creep in to such a long list of runs. Apart from the off-piste there are certainly some places worth visiting on the list.
ski holidays
NE1,
Quote:

No one mentioned car sized moguls at the top on the other thread about black runs Shocked

The top half is not steep and has never had any moguls that I can remember, there is a shortish section about two thirds of the way down that steepens and is fairly narrow where moguls frequently develop but they are not car sized unless you live in toy town.
snow report
57. Grand Paradis, Avoriaz, France

Winding through a valley below the spectacular peaks of the Dents du Midi, this picturesque run takes you from one of the highest points in the area all the way to the town of Chambery.

Toofy Grin Like the sound of skiing a run from Avoriaz to Chambery snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
It's not a quality piece of journalism is it?
ski holidays
Mind you, imagine if Fox news had done it?
ski holidays
TBH... looks like Fox News did do it.
latest report
andy, naah, if they had done it they would be truck sized moguls and most of the pistes would have "been brought to you by Coca-Cola" or "sky movies".
ski holidays
Quote:
The first half is steep, with moguls so huge they have to be climbed down if you're a snowboarder -- skiers should find it easier.

That's skier twaddle, I've ridden that lots of time on a board.

I seem to remember that the moguls there are rather friendly when in condition, certainly not large, but even if they were there are no moguls where I'd consider trying to remove my board anymore than skier people would remove their skis. Botty dribble.

"Skiers should find it easier" is true if you're riding it as hard pack, but when it's full of powder that would probably be untrue too.
snow report
100. Saulire, Three Valleys, France

"One of my favorite runs is the Saulire," says Emily Sarsfield, Great Britain's current number one ski-X athlete.

"It stretches all the way from the Meribel/Courchevel connection at 2,700 meters to Meribel Village at 1,400 meters. It's a great long run with really wide pistes and great views down the valley."

Watch out for: Rapid descent.

Rating: Red

Errrrr If you end up at Meribel Village you haven't skied down Saulire!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy