Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Lock Product Review - Loughborough University Design Engineering Project

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
gryphea wrote:
Part of the process (I'm pretty sure) will also be an element of reflection, i.e. this team will self criticise and say where they went wrong, how they would do it better next time etc.

Yep, we do that with our project Retrospectives. Then we completely ignore everything that we said and make the same mistakes because the team gets broken up and a new project management with their own way of doing things get appointed Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah "Lessons Learned" exercises. Formally document everything, then archive it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jtr, sounds pretty neat - never seen/heard of before.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Part of the process (I'm pretty sure) will also be an element of reflection, i.e. this team will self criticise and say where they went wrong, how they would do it better next time etc.

I think the moment they went wrong was when they asked Masque for his oh-so-constructive feedback.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^ +1 Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andy wrote:
Ah "Lessons Learned" exercises. Formally document everything, then archive it, and repeat as necessary.

FIFY
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard_Sideways wrote:
andy wrote:
Ah "Lessons Learned" exercises. Formally document everything, then archive it, and repeat as necessary.

FIFY

Yes, something happened on our project which we didn't expect, but then we didn't do much specific pre-planning, everything changed all the time, schedules were always out the window, and we had different people doing different things, with no budget.
But we learned something so we'd better write it down, because all the following just-as-chaotic projects can blindly do what we didn't and think it will make their chaotically managed project just as bad.

Actually if anyone has been involved in Nuclear Safety Culture , they are really quite good at synthesising and disseminating lessons learned in a useful and helpful way - thankfully
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

http://youtube.com/v/YhRX0H8GDdQ
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ansta1 wrote:

I really miss xtra normal. It's the dead pan delivery that makes it so funny.

It would have been great to have put all the dialogue in this thread into a vid Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I'm afraid I lasted all of 50 seconds before being overwhelmed by boredom and unable to follow the monotone voices. Horses for courses, I guess.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Quote:

I think the moment they went wrong was when they asked Masque for his oh-so-constructive feedback.

The time to ask for feedback is during the design/decision making process/self criticism/are we going wrong/how could we do it better? phase of the project.
Coming here and placing what can best be described as a 'turd omelet' on the table under our nose saying "Bon Appétit", then marching off whilst shouting over their shoulder "this is a successful omelet*, enjoy".

We are long past the point of constructive criticism, this is their presentation project and deserving of the full value of retail and ridicule . . . they came to 'wiilie wave' with sadly inadequate equipment.

Why should any of us approve of their effort when it's barely fit for purpose, mechanically inefficient, materials wasteful, consumer repellent, user unfriendly and at best, just . . . sad Neutral

What you seem not to understand is that I'm not pissed at the product but at the process that got them there.

Waiting on feedback from the college.

*I make another attempt to introduce allegory to the team rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Bon Appétіt = Bon Appétit
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque, I'm not sure they ever asked us for feedback on anything other than the product itself and particularly how we as skiers felt about it. It is not for us to comment on their waste of materials or how they have conducted the project. Their requests for help and responses have been nothing but polite and reasonable. Yours, on the other hand, have been intemperate, rude and often irrelevant to what they asked. I saw absolutely no sign of 'willy waving', and no request for our approval. The more you rant and rave the more you highlight the highlight the difference between you and them, and I hate to say that you're not coming out of it well.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="Masque"][quote="foxtrotzulu"][quote]

What you seem not to understand is that I'm not pissed at the product but at the process that got them there.

Just pissed?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy