Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which tribe are you? Glossy? Techie?

Poster: A snowHead
I came across this wry classification this week...

http://www.stylealtitude.com/style-altitude-mountain-snow-tribes.html

Which one are you? Or do you need to add a new category?.....

I admit to owning rather a lot of gaffer tape....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Techies certainly! Need to include Kjus though Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pisties for sure Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I appear to be gnarly Shocked that's news to me Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Techie, and trying to avoid being a Twin techie with Mr P who is clad top to toe Norrona...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What a load of old cobblers. Am delighted to say I'm not in any of those tribes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, so, as per the OP, you can create a new category then, what will it be? Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, actually pam I definitely recognise the glossies in crans montana - Bogner and Chanel all too obvious....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just a gimmick for a silly article - really not worth bothering. I don't think I'm a "category" and neither are any of my friends and family who ski. All different.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, agreed...a small bit of journalistic fluff...but after writing loads of technical stuff that requires a great deal of serious research I too am prone to something silly every now and again just to relieve the pressure and I guess this is where this piece came from too...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
valais2, well I'm one category in and I'm afraid it's pretty hopeless. Seasonaires riding with style and ease? I think not. Most seasonaires that I know these days are only interesting in getting bladdered with neither style nor ease.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 4-05-14 22:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
valais2, You are uncommonly charitable if you reckon there's loads of technical stuff requiring serious research on stylealtitude.com? Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm not a number, I'm a free man. God save us from tribalism!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
valais2 wrote:
pam w, actually pam I definitely recognise the glossies in crans montana - Bogner and Chanel all too obvious....
Ha, I must be a glossy, I used to own a Bogner onesie!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, ....broadly true...I spend day in day out on serious academic research (except when I'm on the hill) where I am trying to chase elusive truths in areas where getting it right matters quite a bit ... But,,rightly or wrongly, I relax those standards a bit when it gets to general comment about skiing.

Avalanche stuff, ski prep stuff and some other tech stuff is different and I feel demands the same standards of evidence I use in my normal work.

So you're right, style alt articles not all well grounded in profound evidence
snow conditions
A pistie without the kids (and vomit)...
snow report
Pedantica, ....still in the back of your wardrobe somewhere?
snow conditions
valais2, sadly not, I actually wore it out, I had it so long. It was plain, dark navy, and really rather smart. wink
snow report
I think I prefer the skier types in the "Totally Piste" and "Piste Again" books over the ones in that article.
ski holidays
Pedantica, plain, dark navy somewhat contrasts to the bizarrely embroidered and bejewelled items I've seen bearing the Bogner label....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bogner-Ski-Jacket-Suit-Black-Embroidered-Patches-Brass-Belt-Snowboard-Snowmobile-/360912850007

Sounds as though yours was upmarket yet sensible...
snow report
valais2, upmarket yet sensible describes it perfectly!
ski holidays
Farties: Have a mixed aged quality quiver to choose from (ski or board) and certainly tele. Boots are top end but well broken in, They ski at least 3 weeks a season but only one with the missus and kids. Clothes are always sourced from TillyMax or Decathlon by the colour blind and only match by hapenstance. They have all the gear and know how to use most of it but have rarely if ever needed to. They know how to party but are usually to sensible to try.

Most likely to say: "Think I'll have an early night"

Least likely to say: "You're young enough to be my daughter, fancy an early night?"
ski holidays
Masque, Laughing Laughing Laughing sexist but funny.
latest report
Masque, you did well with this....I was thinking if 'oldies' (too dull);'greys' (but not all actually have hair) and others not as well-aimed as yours....
ski holidays
Techie! no questions asked!

New lady friend is a hardcore Glossy though (see White/silver visor helmet with Swarowksi crystals) need to change!
ski holidays
I suppose I'm closest to a pistie if anything, but without the kids and Dare2Be gear.

Saw a guy in the Folie Douce in Val in March, dressed in head to toe Bogner. Hat, base layers, everything. He obviously thought he looked the b*llocks, when in fact he looked like a knob. I will dig out a pic I took.
snow report
Quote:

New lady friend is a hardcore Glossy though (see White/silver visor helmet with Swarowksi crystals) need to change!

Yes, definitely. Get rid of her as fast as possible.
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Yes, definitely. Get rid of her as fast as possible.

Hey, lets not be too hasty! Does she also wear those tight, slightly stretchy, white salopettes?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They're black... in all fairness to her, she has the physique to pull them off, but it's hard to see past this:

and Matt if you ever mention this conversation to her I will take a buzzsaw to your new Countdowns!!
latest report
dulcamara, NehNeh
latest report
Quote:

if you ever mention this conversation to her I will take a buzzsaw to your new Countdowns!!

Laughing
snow report
Why isn't there a category for wearing various fancy dress outfits?
snow report
Quote:

a category for wearing various fancy dress outfits?

along with silly hats and "ironic onesies". Tribal name? Juvenile Exhibitionists.
snow conditions
rob@rar,
Quote:

I'm not a number, I'm a free man.

You forgot to begin with with "who is number 1"
snow conditions
Looks like I'm skiing in completely wrong places, since I don't remember seeing all too many of "anyone under 30 who rides with style and ease" wearing 6XL clothes. I mean there's whole lot of people wearing 6XL clothes, but I have never seen any of them skiing (or snowboarding) with style and ease... apart those few guys and girls who also look impressive in Red Bull movies, but they somehow don't qualify as "reps, chalet hosts, bar staff" Wink
ski holidays
I wonder if anyone on this website qualifies as anything but techie or pistie (or amalgamations thereof).... it's the snowheads brand!

edit: If there are I've not met one
latest report
dulcamara, well I'm neither, and the Snowheads I've met and skied with aren't either. The definition of a "pistie" in the article is even stupider than the others - you can tell none of the authors would ever put themselves in that tribe. I suggest there are only two tribes - those who spend much of their time wondering what others are thinking about them and those who spend little or no time wondering what others are thinking of them. There are good and bad, rich and poor, on and off-piste and old and young skiers in both groups.
snow report
dulcamara wrote:
I wonder if anyone on this website qualifies as anything but techie or pistie (or amalgamations thereof).... it's the snowheads brand!

edit: If there are I've not met one

I do see a gap for "Currently Unloved Netherlands Tourist" but am struggling to find a category name for them wink
snow conditions
Quote:

dulcamara, well I'm neither, and the Snowheads I've met and skied with aren't either. The definition of a "pistie" in the article is even stupider than the others - you can tell none of the authors would ever put themselves in that tribe. I suggest there are only two tribes - those who spend much of their time wondering what others are thinking about them and those who spend little or no time wondering what others are thinking of them. There are good and bad, rich and poor, on and off-piste and old and young skiers in both groups.

it's just a bit of fun Smile
ski holidays
Well none of those fitted me. Although some of you like me and good number loathe me I think it's safest to say that 'I'm a Snowhead' Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy