Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sälen, Sweden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are flying into Oslo and driving across to Sälen for Feb half term. We are self catering.

Does anybody have a recommendations for somewhere to stop in route for a lunch break and also to get some food on route?

Any other recommendations for while we are there for eating out (mainly for lunch but may eat out for one or two evenings).

Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We live around Gardermoen and drive to Sälen every Easter and only stop at Espa Shell Station to buy some ‘Espaboller’ and coffee. There are only gas stations on route so don’t have many choices unless you take a detour to Hamar or Eidsvoll. Not everything will be open if your traveling on a Sunday.

We don’t eat out much when we are there but signup to MySkiStar and you’ll get some deals like free coffee/drink, 2 for 1, discount on waxing etc....

Any other questions, just let me know.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @NickyJ, I've skied in Salen a few times but it was a while ago.

first tip is don't buy your food in Norway, it is more expensive than Sweden. There are a few supermarkets in and around Salen, a Coop, ICA and a Hemkop, not much to chose between them in price.

There are some on / near piste restaurants which tend to be fine, you just have to remember things are more expensive in Sweden, but not massively so.

We usually stay at the Hogfjallshotell which has a ICA nearby and it has a good restaurant and nightclub and great afterski. There is a very nice but expensive restaurant just up the road a little but I can't remember its name. Its on the same side as the hotel and just past the church. We made the mistake of walking to it one night as it looked very close when we past it in the car, but it was further than we remembered and it was -25C that evening! Skullie
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are travelling on Saturday. Don’t mind detouring a little bit as want to let the girls get out and properly stetch their legs and even better have a play somewhere.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 3-01-18 13:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Sack the Juggler, thanks, will try and look that hotel up when I get home.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the restaurant I was thinking of is Appetito, it is quite rustic inside and you have to book in advance, and it is fairly expensive, but the food was excellent as was the service.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Sack the Juggler, thanks very much.

Probably should have added we are staying in Tandådalen, but have got the Car hired for the week and will be doing a day in Tysil.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As mentioned, Norway is a lot more expensive than Sweden, so I'd only get the essentials there (Google "matbutikker" and town name) and go to coop or ICA in Sälen.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy