Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow heads iPad /android app?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know if SH has support for any apps? If so which ones?! safari is a bit clunky..
Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not as far as I know. With a default phpBB install, you could use Tapatalk, but AIUI, SnowHeads has been customised enough that it isn't supported under TapaTalk any more
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
:/ small world I used to live in Neots Smile shame about the app..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34812 explains a bit more about mobile support/restrictions
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
App would be great! Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My android came with an HTML4/5 app built in. Added a better one. Both work fine Wink Funnily enough the HTML4/5 apps on my PC seem to work with exactly the same server side code too, which must save some dev effort. common web standards ftw Smile Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Completely off topic, but what's St Neots like as a place to live? Was thinking of moving to Cambridge but house prices are so high there...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
xyzpaul, I like it. Biggest town in the county (Peterborough and Cambridge are cities) but still has a market town feel about it. Reasonably thriving high street, lots of parks and open areas both along the river and in town. New cinema due to open in a couple of weeks along with restaurants and whatnot. Railway station is on the East Coast main line so it's faster than the trains from Cambridge as it's got a 120mph limit to the Cambridge line 80mph limit. Kings Cross can be had in under 40 minutes if you get an expresss and trains run till 0130 so you can still get home from a night out in London if you so wish. Market on the square every Thursday (and I believe it's been that way since the 1200s), and a farmer's market once a month on a saturday. Decent sports center with pool and well equipped gym and lots of cycle trails and paths around the town.

I rented in Cambridge for a year before buying here for exactly the same reason, that the prices in Cambridge are so high. 20 minute drive to Cambridge, or get the X5 bus which takes a little longer.

Generally, of all the towns in the area, I think it's the nicest.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
feef, cheers - good to get your opinion as a local! Do you know what the commute to the business parks north of Cambridge is like?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not too bad. Cowley road and thereabouts? The A14 is the main route to the north of Cambridge, but also the weak link when there's an accident or roadworks causing it to get snarled up. From here you can miss out most of it taking the A428 and join down by Madingley, so you're only on the A14 for the last couple of miles.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sold! Hehe have to consider it but thanks again feef.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If St. Neots doesn't fit the bill for some reason, I'd look at the villages around the North of Cambridge as from most of them you would be able to very easily cycle to the business parks and prices are a bit lower than in Cambridge itself. E.g. pick anywhere along the (mis) guided busway and you've got a great cycle route. Bike is by far the quickest and cheapest way to get around here. The A14 does seem to be a road with daily problems, so if you can avoid it I would.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
xyzpaul, I suspect lovely Peterborough is even cheaper than St Neots. Pboro isn't too bad a place to reside in the off season. WAYyyyyyy cheaper than Cambridge and better train link to Kings Cross though a season pass is a tad expensive. The drive to Cambridge is 40mins on a clear run, A14 is the snag point, but I found last year when I travelled that way a bit pre 7:15 on A14 seemed to miss the worst of the traffic. Around 250K will get a decent 4 bed detached in a okay area, there are plenty above that on the market, with say an executive study (cupboard) that seems to add 50-100K to a house. The MIL is looking at moving at the moment from a 3 year old 2-bed en suite, apartment in good area valued at £125 and getting a 2 bedroom terrace for same or less in okay areas. There are areas not to move to around Pboro, like anywhere I guess.

And back on topic an iPhone or Android app, ha ha ha ha ha. The website is still stuck somewhere in the 90s, be nice if the site actually rendered as a bit usable on a smartphone. But yes it's pretty poor nowadays not to support the mobile platform as I suspect a lot of traffic comes from mobiles or would. I do access via smartphone but it's really not a pleasant experience navigating around.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
there's a mobile view
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd welcome an App, find the constant signing on thing a PITA wink
ski holidays
kieranm wrote:
If St. Neots doesn't fit the bill for some reason, I'd look at the villages around the North of Cambridge as from most of them you would be able to very easily cycle to the business parks and prices are a bit lower than in Cambridge itself. E.g. pick anywhere along the (mis) guided busway and you've got a great cycle route. Bike is by far the quickest and cheapest way to get around here. The A14 does seem to be a road with daily problems, so if you can avoid it I would.

Except you're starting to get into fenland territory there, and you won't fit in unless you have webbed buttocks NehNeh
ski holidays
Keep heading north until you find some hills, we'll even have a decent train service to London by 2030 maybe! wink
ski holidays
andy wrote:
there's a mobile view

Think that was designed in the days of WAP sites...

I used to live in St Neots too. It has the remarkable (in my experience) characteristic of all the businesses being named incredibly clearly, eg. if you want a motorbike you go to the St Neots Motorcycles; coffee machine for the office go and see the St Neots Coffee Co; an haircut go to The Barbers Shop (ladies can visit The Beauty Room). Doesn't seem weird reading it but have a walk around.
snow report
feef wrote:
kieranm wrote:

Except you're starting to get into fenland territory there, and you won't fit in unless you have webbed buttocks NehNeh

and St Neots isn't? NehNeh
snow report
stuarth wrote:

and St Neots isn't? NehNeh

I was on "the island" at little Paxton quite nice but quiet, moved into cambs much preferred it personally but I was renting.
ski holidays
St Neots is nowhere near fenland. Too far west.
snow report
feef wrote:
St Neots is nowhere near fenland. Too far west.

Don't know why, but I was confusing St Neots with Wisbech! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy