Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
August Snow.

Tonight a Cold Front will Cross Austria. Snow is expected above 2000M , More is Expected on Saturday/Sunday.

http://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/chronik/Wetter-Oesterreich-Schnee/154981689
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh cr@p. I'm hiking & biking in Sudtirol next week Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

http://youtube.com/v/Oj_Z49AKymo
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://freeridegirl.com/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pack of Wolves in Arlberg (Lech Auenfeld )

http://www.vorarlbergernachrichten.at/lokal/2014/09/02/wolf-alarm-am-arlberg-bisher-drei-tiere-gerissen.vn
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.

http://youtube.com/v/ypKNsk00QHQ
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That link didn't work but this one did.

http://youtube.com/v/uIGBqnD5FBo

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 3-09-14 17:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

http://youtube.com/v/07pHHgxq-10
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

http://youtube.com/v/JFzCWrNHe50
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
1988 St Anton (Nasserein) Avalanche

33 km of Avalanche Protection and 26 years to build at a cost of €25Million , this week it is finally completed

http://tirol.orf.at/news/stories/2666854/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For folks who perhaps do not know about this system.

Oberlech Hotels are linked by an extensive Underground Tunnel System (Luggage & Supply's is transported)

Here is a tour

(In German)

http://youtube.com/v/LP8B77U6Vro
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The New Tajectory of the ArlbergStrasse (L 197) from Stuben to Lech Rauz.

http://youtube.com/v/JMh4-VWTSAE

I reported this late last season in case some folks may of missed ... here it is again.

Stuben am Arlberg The construction of the new variant of Highway L197.

Works start on April 28th (next weekend) & will not be complted until October 30th 2015.

[/quote]
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What's the reason for the new road stanton, doesn't seem to give much benefit for 9 million Euros!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Safety reasons - landslides & rocks falling
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just as long s they don't chuck all the leftover concrete and metal spikes in the river this time!! Mad
snow report
Lech am Arlberg September 26th Thursday Evening "Hexenboden"

snow report
Not much going on with this thread in recent weeks, just wondered if anyone is in town currently and can post any photos of the extensive work that is going on in the area between Zammermoosbahn bottom station and the track split area above the piste basher station, when we were there end August there was major earthmoving operations going on as they merge the piste top/ bottom sections and I took photos, was just wondering how it is looking now if anyone's about?
snow report
Markymark29,

I think that is pre preparation work for the new Feldherrenhügelbahn 8 Person Detachable Bubble Chair next season (2015/16) is what I heard.
ski holidays
stanton, yeah, but they're also taking out the 2 ways down, merging the top and bottom routes ready for the new bottom station like you say. I remember when the old drag lift bottom station was there, used to really like that lift. The new bubble lifts are ok but I much prefer keeping my skis on!
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
stanton, yeah, but they're also taking out the 2 ways down, merging the top and bottom routes ready for the new bottom station like you say. I remember when the old drag lift bottom station was there, used to really like that lift. The new bubble lifts are ok but I much prefer keeping my skis on!

It is going to a chair, or so I believe?!? Confused about the last sentence.
latest report
It is criminal they plan this new lift as they will destroy perfectvoff piste tree skiing.
Hundreds of trees will have to be cut down to build this lift.
latest report
Where is the chair going up to? Guessing it's to relieve some of the queues from Zammer in a morning?
snow report
My understanding is that it will be a chair that finishes at the top of current Zammermoosbahn terminates, ie where the lifts converge and that therefore tree cutting is going to be fairly minimal, I dont know that its a bubble/ chair combo thing, I hope not. Given that it gets fairly exposed at the top its a fair assumption that it will be a combo thing though (like the one that links Warth to Oberlech once off the new Auenjet).

The current Zammermoosbahn will go, the bottom station is unstable long term and is sat on a fault, hence the need for the new lift.

I'm personally looking forward to it extending Kandahar once the z'bahn base station has gone by dropping over straight into the gully below Z'bahn bottom station, currently only possible down the steep gully at the side or through the trees below the track. Great, and only possible in deep powder conditions (eg; 12/13 season) but not for the faint hearterd, gets very sketchy lower down and spits you out into Hausstadl in all sorts of a tangle if not careful! Toofy Grin
snow report
A bubble chair is, from my understanding, not like the Wiebermahd but like Zammer, ie a chair with a bubble lid over the top to keep out the elements.
ski holidays
Feldherrenhügelbahn (a 8 man chair) will ascend the trajwct (where the Old Feldherren T Bar) to Galzig where
the zammermoosbahn currently ends.

The old T Bar traject will have to be severely widened to accomodate this new lift.

Zammermoosbahn will be removed.
snow report
Finally getting the foundations in at the Arlberg Hospiz St Christoph for the new KunstHalle 1800. Work was suppose to begin last summer (2013).

latest report
Hey guys,

Work has got kind of boring and i think i have earned a break so it is looking pretty likely that I will just be skiing in the Arlberg this winter... hate playing alone though so if anyone will be about and wants to go for a ski/tour just let me know... not looking for go-big heroes just some fun, sensible people who want to get out there, gotta be at least a bit comfy off-piste though.

Also just to stop me haemorrhaging money over the winter, any recommandations for part-time evening jobs that wont get in the way of my fun? Just looking for some pocket money...

Matt
snow report
Later in the season I will be making a few tours to Dawin (Private Powder)

http://www.skitours-paradise.com/region/lechtaler_alpen/dawin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dulcamara, I'm going to have to join you for a long weekend. I guess I'll drive so will be relatively flexible depending on snow conditions. I could twist irbis's elbow, too (won't need to twist very hard).
snow conditions
Sweet, so if anyone wants to join (more the merrier!) just give me a pm on here anytime and i'll give you an email adress or something you can reach me on when you have a solid idea... or just wanna chat wink
snow report
dulcamara, saw your post on TGR. no need for twisting anything, just let us know when snow has arrived. I can talk to Arno and another friend who lives in London to see if they want to join us.
ski holidays
dulcamara wrote:
Hey guys,

Work has got kind of boring and i think i have earned a break so it is looking pretty likely that I will just be skiing in the Arlberg this winter... hate playing alone though so if anyone will be about and wants to go for a ski/tour just let me know... not looking for go-big heroes just some fun, sensible people who want to get out there, gotta be at least a bit comfy off-piste though.

Also just to stop me haemorrhaging money over the winter, any recommandations for part-time evening jobs that wont get in the way of my fun? Just looking for some pocket money...

Matt

For part time jobs, best bet is to ask around once you're in resort and get known around the place and you should be able to pick bits up here and there. So long as I pass my Anwärter, I'll be back in Anton for the season. Would be up for some off-piste or whatever work permitting, or just a quiet beer or something in an evening.
snow report
dulcamara, I'm in mate, dates wk1 Feb, wk4 Feb (Warth), Wk1 March Very Happy
ski holidays
Markymark29, 22nd Feb Buddy! Birthday, be there!

Last time was the best day of the year in retro ski gear!!! (photos from KKs after have been banned Sad )

snow conditions
dulcamara, Yee haa. We arrive late afternoon on 21 February into Warth, driving overnight from UK on Friday/ Saturday, itd' be great to meet you say Zurs on 22nd?, I guess we'll have to miss the beers afterwards because we'll need to get back over to Warth, but we're about until 7 March, moving around to St Anton to stay on 28 Feb.
snow conditions
Latest hearsay from Stuben Lift Employees lifts realised for 2016

Only the New Albona Gondola Lifts

snow report
This Weekend Late Summer Weather in Arlberg +20C Very Happy
ski holidays
Apres Ski Openings..

OK folks.

Krazy Kangaruh will Open to the Public on Opening Day of the Season Friday 5th Decemeber

Mosserwirt gets open pre-opneing day, the afternoon before Very Happy Very Happy Thursday 4th December.
snow conditions
stanton,
What are the locals saying about the weather next week?

http://www.bergfex.at/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/berg/
snow report
After this warm weekend next week will see the first onset of winter.
Storm from the west (ex bermuda hurricane) polar air from thr north perfect for Arlberg.

During the week Freeze level will drop from 4000 to 1000Metres.

30-50cms of SNOW.

Unfortunately temps look set to rise again by next weekend.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy