Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teenage skis....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My eldest is 14, this year she was on a 145cm kids ski this year and she grew 10cm between ski seasons.

I've not looked yet but I assume she is into ladies ski sizes now, so do I go on her weight rather than height for ski sizing to ensure she can get performance out of the ski?

She's tall but very light and muscly due to doing a lot of gymnastics!!

Just wondered what other folk have done? I tend to buy as we drive so no ski carriage costs and I DIY service them anyhow.

Cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My eldest daughter (13) is currently on a pair of storm inferno race carve and a pair of storm rage twin tips. (155, 166 or so respectively) she loves both pairs. She is about 169cm but pretty fit and strong (horse riding, trampolining and hockey).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, is the inferno a stiff ski?

How tall is she and how much does she weigh?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
She is about 169cm and about 9 stone. The rage are quite soft and she has them mounted to the rear mark rather than the centre line which is more of a park position, they ski a little shorter as they are twin tips. The inferno is stiffer and she does have to work hard to put a bend on them when going slowly but when she starts to get a bit of speed is when they start to sing for her.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On a groomed piste I have to work hard to keep up with her, but that's mainly a fitness thing right now, which I am working on (he says sat here with a London pride watching Lizzard lick towing)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And to be fair I have to work to keep up with the 8 year old as well.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ansta1, a quiver at 13 nice going Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski, If it is any help, your daughter sounds very similar to mine. We put Minimum_1 into Fisher RC4's, we found the ones with junior bindings existed (she needs a DIN of about 4) existed with a rail binding in a 160 if that is of any help.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, mine is 9 but big for age, I looked around a bit and also took advice from horizon and his instructor and got him some Gotama Jr in a 147 (and they went longer), horizon jr had had them and got on well on them. He absolutely loves them and will choose to go out on them every day snowHead He also has Atomic Redster IIIs in a 140 as a piste ski and Elan RCX in a 130 for indoors. There are a few specific 'teenage' skis knocking about IIRC, the Gotama jr is one, also I think there is the Scott Rook which is what horizon jr moved on to. There will be others and obviously yours is a girl and may prefer a girly ski. Also I guess it's easier to put a teen girl on a ladies ski than a teen boy on a mans ski. Also try PMing ClaudeB if he doesn't see this as I think he went through this with his daughter and think he plumped for a K2 Miss something, can't remember which!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks all, done some research over the weekend, think she'll be hiring next year as we are into ladies skis!!

K2 Missy seems to top out at 149cm (she has last years K2 Missy 145cm)

Gotama Jr tops out at 158cm but I don't reckon it's girlie enough!

ATOMIC VANTAGE GIRL III goes up to 150cm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy