Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2000. St Jacques and similar runs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a quickie. Anyone know how the Plan des eaux and col de la chal runs compare with the St Jacques run for a not terribly competent, rusty post-beginner? Need to escape the boredom of St Jacques on the last day of the season!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hothoundz - where is St Jaques run? I don't remember it. Plan des eaux is very easy - you barely need to turn on it. Col de la chal/vallee de l'arc also easy as far as I can remember. The reds from col de la chal can be a bit bumpy later on in the day.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St Jacques is the beginners ski area lift. Thanks. Just don't want anything too steep or narrow.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agreed the runs from arcabulle are fine as far as I can remember.

The bottom of Vallee d'larc from st jaques down to pre st esprit lift is also very gentle.

If you want a little more exploring/see another valley you could try continuing down past preStEsprit to comborciere lift. Grab that up and you can then go down mont blanc to 1600 which is a lovely run and absolutely fear free (through the trees, nice width, not very busy).
If that's a bit much then take the bus back to 2000 Smile

If you feel you could manage a little more exploring then you take cachette lift up from 1600 towards 1800, then go down belvedere blue until you get to arpette lift. Go up there and then you can take blue runs home (when you get the choice, choose plan, not edelweiss). The risk with this route is I can't remember these blues so clearly....I think belvedere is fine, but the ones down from arpette to 2000 I can't remember the start and then you take plan which while flat, is rather narrow. Once you hit the bottom of the arcabulle lift it's plain sailing to get home though.

All this said, I've never done them in the slush Smile And you'd need a valley pass which you might not have!

Hope you have a great day!

aj xx
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mont Blanc is lovely but I'd say it is one of the steeper blues in Les Arcs and quite icy early in the morning at this time of year. I'd suggest taking the gondola up from Arc 2000 and skiing down the beginning of vallee de l'arc back to 2000 as well as plan des eaux mentioned above. The easiest blue runs the other side are accessed from Bois de L'Ours...there is a fairly easy blue in the Vallandry direction. If you go down there come back on the Transarc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The only issue is the preStEsprit run looked pretty slushy and worn yesterday - would love to have done it though. Great parking spot at the bottom which would have saved getting very sweaty in Bourg (27 C!) and on the funicular.

Weather today not too great - thunderstorms forecast - still one more day to go and sunshine forecast tomorrow am. Vallee d'larc and plan des eaux tomorrow then!

Definitely think 2000 and above at the moment best to get some decent snow. Yesterday PM was a bit of a slush-fest even at 2000.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy