Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Verse - too soft?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This year, after years of skiing appallingly badly I have promised myself that I am going to learn to ski better -not exactly a difficult target! I have, I hope, sorted out the more intensive tuition side of things thanks to some input from Easiski et al , so the next question is the boots one.

For the last couple of years, I have rented Salomon verse (no idea which version) On the plus (very plus) side, they are disgustingly comfortable and seem to fit as well if not better than most boots I've tried in the past. I do wonder though if along with the fact my technique is rubbish they are just a bit too comfortable in that there seems to be so much forward give in them that I feel I'm virtually kneeling on the ski tips before I feel I'm 'connecting' with the snow at any speed...consequently losing my nerve because I feel out of control.

I suppose my question is, is this a 'me' problem that hopefully tuition will sort out meaning I can stick with my nice comfy boots assuming they are still on the racks this year or is this a boot problem and I should be looking at a different boot?

If it makes a difference I'm about 5'6" and around 10.5 stone (on a good day!) and at best a timid intermediate who has no apirations past skiing comfortably, in control, at a reasonable speed on the majority of red runs...and my idea of a reasonable speed is around half most of your definitions of a reasonable speed!

Oh I've skied on salomon crossmax 150's the last couple year too - is this likely to be making any difference to anything?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The verse is of course known for being soft, it is also known for being quite upright. I have a pair and find them great (im not often on long skis though). I havent found them quite as soft as you suggest, they are soft ok..... but there isnt any chance you have had a pair with the 'walk/ski' selector and it has been set to walk?

Adam
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The verse has done it's job. It's designed to help people new to skiing to get boots on and off and to offer a familiar feel in terms of closure, laces. You now need to buy boots, forget your level of skiing. Don't buy full on race boots, however a well fitted expert boot will serve you as well as something marketted at your level that doesn't fit. Get them fitted in resort by someone reputable if you can, the fit will be much more precise and the confort will be worked on. Don't make the mistake many make and follow the brochure as regards to what is for your level. This about stiffness and can be both worked with and is often misleading. Good Luck Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy