Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A fireside story .... do you have any?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I posted this as part of a reply to a training camp thread, but have posted it here since I just thought it might start a thread of good yarns....

I once went down for a fireside beer at our friends' chalet just below us (deep, deep Christmas snow in CH) and there was a HUGE pair of Black Crows leaning against the wall. '...Er....whose are those giant planks outside?...', I asked, as I scanned the room for some 6 foot 4 inch snow king - and saw no-one likely to own them in the group of friends quaffng wine and downing beer. '...Er...they're mine...' said a 5-foot-nothing German woman in her early thirties. After choking on my beer I said '...Goodness me (ed note actually it started with an expletive deleted) ... have you been skiing since you were three?...' - 'No' she said 'just the last two years...' - 'Yeh right' I grinned '...very funny; now how long and where have you been skiing...' - 'Really, two years....'. Turned out she was a wealthy lawyer with little skiing experience and two years previously had simply become determined to learn to huck cliffs and ride superdeep snow, so had booked a block of time off work and had spent 100 days in Canada and skied EVERY DAY. She became good. Very good. As good a Leah Evans in this....watch her wiggle past at 4.21

http://youtube.com/v/jUcPW6uU2fI
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy