Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

110 mm skis: looking for all-around playful charger (oxymoron?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
clarky999, the problem with 4FRNTs is that almost all of their current models lack in effective edge department, which for me disqualifies them for groomer use. The only exception is Cody (btw discontinued as of 2014/15), but there are better ~100mm AM skis out there IMO.

Kenny, in my books 8/10 is strong intermediate/early advanced. Maybe I should start using the Sh skill rating system (if there is one).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ov8chkin, a lot of snowHeads are using the Inside Out levels: http://www.insideoutskiing.com/level.html
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pedantica wrote:
Ov8chkin, a lot of snowHeads are using the Inside Out levels: http://www.insideoutskiing.com/level.html

Pedantica, thanks for the hint. I should be a 8 aspiring to become a 9.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ov8chkin, That's true of their newer skis, but not so much the old ones like the CRJ. For instance the EHP has the tiniest bit of tip and tail rocker, the rest is flat. Long low rocker is the future though, like the Renegade and Hoji.

The CRJ has a reasonably long cambered section underfoot, similar to the Bibby which carves well as long as it's not bullet proof. http://4frnt.com/products/crj For €400 definitely worth thinking about IMO.

Effective edge isn't always what it seems though, as soon as the ski is on edge and bent it increases dramatically even on full rocker skis. See waynos's comments on the Gotama, which I believe is a full rocker ski. It's also how you make a charging ski (more) playful and manageable in tight places. You rarely hear negatives about the Cochise or Katanas edge grip, yet both are also full length (if subtle) rocker...

A little November footage from my mate featuring the CRJ:

http://youtube.com/v/-PsRjR0SDe0
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmm...page two and no mention of Kastle BMX 108. Certainly a charger, great in powder, excellent in variable snow and awesome edge grip. No real rocker but an early rise tip just good enough for the tree runs. Depending in how hard you want to charge you have a choice of 188 or 195. They are my first forrey from dynastar in the last ten years and I can't see myself going back. Love them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PP wrote:
Hmmm...page two and no mention of Kastle BMX 108. Certainly a charger, great in powder, excellent in variable snow and awesome edge grip. No real rocker but an early rise tip just good enough for the tree runs. Depending in how hard you want to charge you have a choice of 188 or 195. They are my first forrey from dynastar in the last ten years and I can't see myself going back. Love them.

PP, thanks. I think that with Kastles, you either love 'em or you don't. I had BMX 98s for first half of 13-14 season and just could not get used to them - too stiff and unresponsive + tip dive in 30 cms of snow.

I imagine that the 108 is close to being a classic charger like Katana or one of the Nordicas. Will definitely consider ownership of such ski as I progress off-piste.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, thank you everyone. Leaning towards Scott Punisher in 189, will follow on with some impressions as soon as I get to ski these boards.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ov8chkin wrote:
the_doc, thanks. Preacher scares me off because of its 155 mm shovel, but I will take a second look at the Ranger.

The Preacher carves very well on piste, in addition to its other attributes. I've never found the big shovels a problem - but they seem to surf over breakable crust ok
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but the Director Carbonlites (191) are outstanding IMV. Immense fun and serious when you need them to be. On my shopping list without doubt for 2014/15, having tested them recently.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would reccomend the Ranger pro carbonlites (191) tested them on the EoSB when conditions were very far from optimal and they still felt great. Only 95 underfoot but I think that makes them a better all rounder
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ScaryG wrote:
I would reccomend the Ranger pro carbonlites (191) tested them on the EoSB when conditions were very far from optimal and they still felt great. Only 95 underfoot but I think that makes them a better all rounder

The Ranger Pro model (in either a traditional construction or CarbonLite) is actually 195cm & is 110mm underfoot whereas the other Ranger lengths (186, 177 or 168cm) are 108mm underfoot.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, shows you what I know, thanks for that I of course defer to your vastly superior knowledge Embarassed Thanks for sorting out my bindings on the bash it was very much appreceited. It actually didn't feel that wide and felt great on piste if you gave it some speed and worked them hard.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy