Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is there for kids after standard ski school.... help please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snowdave, there isn't anything to that extent that i am aware of. But there are hight level kids groups and then local seasonal groups. The ESF I worked for didnt have that level of choice!

Thanks for all your input, its been really useful!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We noticed in Are, Sweden that ski schools for younger folk spent the afternoons in the park, jumping and messing about in the half pipe. Teens love it and its quite "on stream" I think.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My daughter did her Etoile D'Or at 11 and after that skied with Easiski at Easter each year in Les Deux Alpes. Small group of 4, 5 x 2 hours, generally the same kids each year. Lots of advanced piste work and off piste too. Most years included an "adventure" towards the end of the course, in 2009 it was La Grave and in 2012 the Clot de Chalance which is a big off piste descent. She got her BASI L1 at 16 so it gave her a really good grounding.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some kids like pushing it, going off piste etc, but most like hanging about with other kids, on their iphones, being cool in parks. My brothers daughter who is 14, is a competent intermediate skier, but isn't interested in off piste stuff in an afternoon, she wants to hang around the parks because "that's where the cool boys are". Just an idea.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jjc_james
Quote:

Steve Angus, how do you deal with the transceivers do you just have a certain amount to give them on arrival? Or advise they get their own so they are familiar with it when skiing in their own group?

TDC have invested a lot over the years, and have enough off piste kit to send out 4 or 5 groups at once. We also have clients that book their children/teens into clinics even if they rip and can shred anywhere on the mountain... but that's not a big market (especially in PdS)!

I'd say make your set up more like a club than a ski school/acadamy, then you have more play with price differentiation of groups and stuff. And you won't be competing with the other hundred private ski schools in the PdS!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy