Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selling ski stuff: Now, or later in the year?

Poster: A snowHead
Brought back some items to go on ebay - ski boots, skis, snowboard. I'd quite like to get them out of the way, but would I do a lot better to wait until November? Grateful for any advice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting conundrum. You are into sailing, would you say sell a boat spring or winter? Living in Exmouth I note that prices are higher for most things nautical in spring as people get the notion of warm weather and boats, kayaks etc being wonderful. My guess is the flip for ski gear as November approaches people start looking for stuff and demand might out do supply?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Now if you aren't worried about getting peanuts for it on stuff that does sell and being still left with stuff that doesn't, November if you want a decent price and good chance it will all go.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The keen eye will be hunting for a bargain when he or she thinks everyone else is least likely to be looking. When I'm buying on ebay I tend to do the opposite of what I suggest above. When selling I do the opposite.....jeez does that even make sense?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, yes, much better to wait til dec-Feb golden ebay window for selling Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got a load of stuff to get rid of too. Meant to get rid of some of it earlier in the year but didn't manage.

Could really do with shifting our old gas fire that's taken up station in the garage, but I guess that it's the wrong time of year to sell fires too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hammerite, no I wouldn't say so as spring and summer is a common time for people to renovate properties and may be looking at installing heating etc.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
End of January has always been best time selling ski kit for us on eBay .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, yes as sarah, says best time Nov-Jan but as davkt says if you don't want best price then worth a shot now! I've got a few things too but skis need some minor repairs so will probably wait.

Have you thought of Buy/sell section here?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was wondering too if you'd thought of the buy/sell section… I would like to get my sister some cheap secondhand skis but I know nothing about skis so would love to buy them from someone I trust. You probably wouldn't have anything suitable as she's tiny (5ft) and not as an experienced skier as you, but if you do have any short women's skis on offer, then I'd be interested in buying them (though my budget is equally tiny so you would probably get better offers from others!!)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
miranda, no, I don't have any skis which would be suitable for a small woman, sorry. Might advertise them here but I suspect ebay would be better, judging by the (high) prices I got for some kids skis and boots I sold just before Christmas!

Thanks for the advice folks, I had better shove them all up in the attic for a few months!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w

If you want to try selling stuff on fleebay now you could always do the buy it now with best offer this is cheaper ( insertion fees ) than using a reserve and unless you accept the offer or they bid the full amount the item will not sell. You can also set it to accept over "x" amount and decline below "x" amount as you may only have 3 pending offers/counter offers at a time.

Obviously the better the pics and the more detailed the writeup the better chance of a good price.

And if you happen to have a heated boot bag then no need to advertise Smile

But as others have said not really the best time now also first two weeks of Jan are more a buyers market as people tend to sell off old gear they have replaced with shiny new xmas prezzies Very Happy
This seems to be across the board no matter what the item.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
After the ski shows, but before the season starts proper.. people have seen nice kit, decided they can't afford it and so are looking to sort themselves out before the skiing starts
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pam W
I would wait !
I have sold about six pairs of skis on ebay over the past three years and have done it mid October to Nov and have been very happy with the prices I achieved.
The first time I put one pair on with a minimum price of £100 (no bids until the last 5 minutes and I was bid £100.01 ) The other pair which was worth less I put no minimum on and got £195 for !!!!!!
...........so now I never put a minimum price on any skis I sell as selling this way seems to attract much more interest !
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, Put it on to end the last weekend of the ski show, works every time for us, most sells for what we paid for it or more, except adult ski clothes which seldom make much.
ski holidays
Just seen this thread , put my kids skis on the Snowheads last oct l I sold the skis at a resonable price , buyers got a good deal and I donated a% to Snowheads , everyone happy . Try not to go to E Bay
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy