Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2013-2014 boxes ticked or not

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
None of your "highs" or "lows" - just cold facts...

Ticked: got into XC skating - managed to be at the Puntra Indren lift in good conditions, with all kit and enough time to ski it - (running out here..) hmmm... Ah, yes! - used all 3 ski decouverte tickets on the season pass and even went to Courmayeur for a sneaky day.

Not ticked: ENSA couloir, Pas de Chevre, more-days-than-last-year, that couloir visible from "Lo Bistrot" in Champoluc despite initial enthusiasm from a fair crew, touring (not even more touring, just any. At all.)

Still, not complaining, not a bad season, had some epic moments and some lovely ones.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ticked: hmm not sure, trying to think

Not Ticked: intro to telemark (too much snow in Arabba, and half the participants didn't even get there)

Not Ticked: full Dolomites WW1 loop in a day (too much snow in Arabba, all the passes closes, and one key chairlift wiped out by avalanche)

Not Ticked: bumps coaching (there weren't any on the December course, but did lots of other good stuff)

There's always next season (hope they can fix that chair)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name, not my best year for ticks, managed three new resorts in the Aosta valley, skied off the back of the Gemstock in Andermatt, did a bit more Nordic skiing, Goms and Val Ferret were highlights, ticked a couple of new off piste lines in Courmayeur, plus the Col d Argentiere. A snow shoe up to and over night at the Grd St Bernard Hospice. Also the first time I've been to Brunson which I really liked.

Not ticked, something from the Torino Hut, used no decouverte tickets, no VB for the first time in many years, no heli which I had been promised as a Xmas treat.

Also not complaining. Did a lot of away days, incl about 15 at Courmayeur! Plus had a playmate to ski with who is a very good skier.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ticked: Have had a blast and expect it to continue next week.

Unticked: nothing. My only aim was to enjoy it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ticked - managed to get some skiing in this season. I've entered full time education as a mature student and was worried I wouldn't have the time and money to get away. 2 trips and 10 great days skiing classes as success for me on that front though.

Unticked - nothing, my only aim was to get some skiing in.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ticked : cat skiing
Ticked : freestyle coaching
Ticked : longest season yet at 42 days
Ticked : entered a freeride competition
ticked : skied in 2 new resorts Nendaz and Whistler

unticked : still can't do a 360!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Will stick to my pursuit of highs thanks. Like to live for the day.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ticked : skied more often on piste and concentrated on improving my carving, skied more bumps and enjoyed them, FINALLY got boots that fit great (Thanks SOLE), tried some much bigger skis, completed my shadowing hrs and got my basi L1

Unticked : Did no touring at all, didn't ski as many days as I would have liked and probably quite an early end to the season, still not tried xc
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ticked !! Heli skiing in Pemberton , amazing
Ticked !! Skiing off piste under the guidance of my son , the best Happy

Not ticked !! Building on last years intro to touring , but bring on 2015 , and winter in Canada Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll let you know when I'm done. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ticked:
- Went on a snowHeads bash
- Learned the basics of telemark skiing
- Became a much better on-piste skier (peer reviewed)
- Five weeks of skiing (well, it will have been in ten days' time)
- Did the Orelle zip-wire

Not ticked:
- More than one day of telemark skiing
- Becoming a better off-piste skier
- Fitness not being an issue (should try harder!)

Pretty good season to be honest!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ticked:

- Japan
- A couloir I've been staring at for 3 years
- A bit more MTFU at jumping off stuff (only really a half-tick there though)
- Dolomites (but not Dolly couloirs or offpiste)
- Camping overnight on the mountain

Not ticked:

- A load of skin-access lines and touring areas
- Any park skills at all
- Non-POV filming
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy