Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI ESPIRIT - Christmas Spirit? BAH HUMBUG!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs Cymru Am Byth here. Just a quick start to this topic. Ski Espirit are trying to move into the Family Winter Holiday market with Santa trips to Lapland. Well, having literallly just returned from their first trip of the winter, they shouldn't bother. It was a fiasco and for the once in a lifetime experience at suitably once in a lifetime prices, then they will have a lot of complaints to answer to in the next week. More details will follow but for starters seven hours in Gatwick Airport for a two and half day trip where the majority of passengers were little people under 8 years old was not good. Particularly the check in time of 5 a.m., which proved wholly unneccessary as we didn't take off until after 12 noon. Compound that with hotels not knowing why there the trip was there so no Christmas ambience, a Gala Dinner which was a chaotic buffet in the dark and other "events" which have left a lot of people very stressed. The little ones met Father Christmas though, and that is what they will remember, quite rightly. For them, that is what will stay with them, that magical 15 minutes in two and half days. The rest is with the adults. The company should now be aware from the level of complaints the Resort Manager, who was summoned 24 hours into the trip, has already received. They will no doubt know as the letters and forms of complaint are now sent.

For anyone taking their little ones out in the next few weeks - CHECK, CHECK, CHECK. Let Ski Espirit know now what you are expecting and don't settle for anything less than what they are promising in the brochure, our reality was not what they promised.

Mad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs Cymru am Byth-welcome to SnowHeads, some friends are off next week, I'll warn them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mrs Cymru am Byth, how disappointing! You should have magical memories not be writing your complaint letter! Hope you get some sort of explanation/apology...let us know.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went with Canterbury Travel a few years ago on a day trip. 6am at East Mids to about 10pm back there again! Flew to (I think) Rovaniemi and it all went like clockwork. Togged us up in super-warm overalls (it was -15!) then a 30 minute or so skiddo ride through winter wonderland to an area near a ski resort (may have been Levi?) with open fires and teepees and Reindeer & huskies all around, plus really friendly people dressed up as elves. You could go into and out of teepees, food area, do activities as you pleased all day. The kids did sledging with the elves and we had reindeer & dog sledge rides. I had a go at snowmobiling (it's flipping fantastic!) and so did my daughters on the end of a sort of leash thing to keep them safe. They got to meet santa (VERY authentic) and we ate & drank anything and everything we felt like. Kids played in snow, we played in snow, the flight crew played in the snow (last flight of season so we had the stewardesses and captain & so on all mucking about with us in the snow!) & had a wonderful time.

Best bit was missing the first bus back. We had to hang around for 15 minutes or so with only two or three other families. While we waited, "Santa" and his elves came back down to play with the kids and have pictures taken and so on... absolutely wonderful.

I still have video footage of the "reveal" to the kids. On the last Friday morning of term, I set up a video camera in the corner of the dining room, then engineered a golden envelope "magically" appearing on the table (held it under breakfast tray and left it there when picking tray back up.. sneaky, huh?!) which I'd carefully prepared the night before, containing a "personal invitation" from Santa and his elves on parchment paper all aged & scorched to look "authentic". The girls swallowed every line and ended up reading out a letter basically saying, "come to Lapland tomorrow to meet me & my elves!" you should see their little faces light up on the video as it all sinks in that it's tomorrow and, of course, they had last day of school bragging rights too...

Happy memories... Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
carled, That is exactly what we were hoping for but SKI ESPIRIT failed to deliver. We only had reps who through no fault of their own, did not know what was going on. The elves were only when you went to see Santa. The reps tried their best but were really lost. They had to keep phoning back to their manager. There were reindeer rides and husky sledding. The main problem was the delays, the lack of communication and the hotel.

Heard good things about Canterbury Travel and also Cosmos for this type of trip. Hope S E take all this on board by Friday.
rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've got some friends doing the three day trip with canterbury. we are thinking about it for next year. It sounds very impressive. Better start saving
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ashton parker wrote:
We've got some friends doing the three day trip with canterbury. we are thinking about it for next year. It sounds very impressive. Better start saving

It was VERY impressive - highly recommended

Here's one of the pics from when Santa and his elves came down to meet up with us again... Very authentic, I'm sure you'll agree! The "Elves" and Santa really played their parts with enthusiasm and good cheer, even though they were probably only local students or something!

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy