Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season ending, Highs and lows.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Highs
Quantity of trips (too many to count)
Quality of Instruction (too many inside out trips)
Quality of the craic (much good banter, a few crazy nights)
Picnic on the piste in Val Thorens in Mid-December about 100m down from top of Peclet
Sneaking in an extra 1/2 day on both my first trip (3v) & last trip (San Cass)
Managing to avoid seeing Mrs Dabski's toes following a day of 'boots undone' skiing in new boots on day one of a coaching week

Lows
Seeing Linds fall and break herself
erm that's it..sure there's been the odd bit of crappy snow or whiteout but better a bad day on the mountain etc..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bertie bassett wrote:
Highs
Quantity of trips (too many to count)
Quality of Instruction (too many inside out trips)
Quality of the craic (much good banter, a few crazy nights)
Picnic on the piste in Val Thorens in Mid-December about 100m down from top of Peclet
Sneaking in an extra 1/2 day on both my first trip (3v) & last trip (San Cass)
Managing to avoid seeing Mrs Dabski's toes following a day of 'boots undone' skiing in new boots on day one of a coaching week

Lows
Seeing Linds fall and break herself
erm that's it..sure there's been the odd bit of crappy snow or whiteout but better a bad day on the mountain etc..

Ah, you were my knight in shinning armour going to get help, xxxxx
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Highs:
Having 4 weeks of skiing (+EoSB next week)
Good instruction and feeling I had made some progress in my skiing
One of my brothers deciding to take up skiing, therefore giving me someone in the family to share my obsession with
Being there to share my brother's enjoyment of the Inside Out coaching week in San Cassiano
Spending my birthday on the snow with great company (you know who you are!)
Lots of excellent company and friendships, old and new, on and off the slopes
Sharing prosecco!

Lows:
Not managing to spend time with my brother on his first ski trip (the Birthday Bash to Arabba) as we ended up in different places
Falling and hurting my shoulder

Greatest High:
Feeling so fortunate that, although I discovered skiing later in life, for the time being I still have enough health and wealth to enjoy it snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof,
Quote:

Catching bronchitus at the end of March

+1. I coughed vile stuff from January 29th until March 19th. PITA. For the second year if not third year in a row.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Highs
A superb weekend at Glenshee 3 weeks ago - proper skiing Laughing
A lovely week with the wife in the Sella Ronda - a perfect chalet with nice people and probably the best conditions and most snow at resort level I've ever seen
superb days at Raise - great skiing, huge depth of snow and camardarie with the Lake District Ski Club
several good days at Yad Moss before Christmas
My telemark has come on a lot and/or my quads have got stronger snowHead
Skiing over 60kms in one day with a hot-shot young gun ski host - and managing to keep right up on his tails. he was impressed Embarassed
looking forward to Chamonix in two weeks time !

Lows
No days at Yad Moss after Christmas Sad
I was away when we got the one big snow fall up here in the Dales
No easterlies or northerlies and no evening cross country on the racetrack
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Perty wrote:
Highs-perfect pistes on a November ski testing session in Zermatt,
Winning a ski holiday to Verbier in April...
Low-thin snow cover on our off piste course in St Anton in January
High-feeling like a proper off piste ski dude after hiking to the top of the Maroi Kopf in St Anton and skiing down.
Lows-doing constant battle with the Marker Griffon bindings on my skis if I fell and they came off. Drove me nuts! Felt a total idiot.
High-the Underground bar every day in St Anton and encounters with the awesome and scary Joan....

High-discovering Grimentz and Zinal and being on the inaugural public cable car linking the 2.

Higher still....Japan, and skiing the trees in Hakuba Cortina....
Testing Liberty Helix skis in the trees in Cortina and loving them on and off piste....

Skiing the trees in Cortina...(Japan)
Skiing the trees in Cortina... Ditto
Low-not being able to transfer to Myoko for the last couple of days in Japan because of the epic snowstorm that swept the country.

Doing the Laub in Engelberg..on my new Liberty Envy skis and realising why I had bought them...

...did I mention skiing the trees in Cortina?

Low....having to miss my last week of skiing (it being the prize winning ski holiday to Verbier) as a result of an extended work commitment..

High-.....skiing the trees in Cortina.

That's a pretty impressive season - nice work!

My lows were that although I managed three trips to the Alps, I only had one day that could be classified a 'powder day'. Otherwise my timing was always off by a few days.

It was great to see my kids getting to grips with skiing though - their second trip and as long as we can afford it, we'll keep doing this holiday.

Hoping to get a day or two in summer, so maybe my season's not over yet!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
iainm wrote:

My lows were that although I managed three trips to the Alps, I only had one day that could be classified a 'powder day'. Otherwise my timing was always off by a few days.

Unless you knew of some stash the powder came and went very quickly this season due to a combination of wind and warm temperatures. Some days the powder would melt by the early afternoon and have a crust the next day. It was a pain. Also poor weather a lot of weekends which didn't please the weekend warriors. I kept telling people, you've got to take a few days off this year and grab the pow when you can.

> +1. I coughed vile stuff from January 29th until March 19th. PITA. For the second year if not third year in a row.

you and anyone else sick this year have my deepest sympathies.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[High] Buying a Stilhaus Kitchen
[Low]Seeing the crap that was delivered.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

you and anyone else sick this year have my deepest sympathies.

Likewise!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Highs
The Pre-BB - having a great laugh with an excellent bunch of lads (it's not just about the skiing).
Finally sorting out my short swing turns (I think).
Italian coffee!!!
Not buying any cr*ppy ski gear that I don't need.

Lows
Seeing a sH slide down the Piccolin black run and head first into the side netting, between 2 trees, at high speed. It was the worst feeling coz I thought she was a goner.
Not buying any cr*ppy ski gear that I don't need.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Iski, Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I hope it's not serious. I'd hardly say 35 is "later in life" wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Highs - Skiing in Italy for the first time in Passo Tonale and never seen so much snow in my life. Discovering Bombardino which helped improve my technique.
Taking a risk in booking a week in Avoriaz late in the season and loving this resort. First time without any lessons so been good to work on technique and spend more time skiing with the family.
Lows - coming home after a ski holiday.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SOPiB2014 Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy