Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where would you ski this w/e in Europe and why?

Poster: A snowHead
Taking the current European snow conditions into account and that you wouldn't mind skiing any conditions i.e. either piste, bumps, off piste or any combination thereof...

where would you choose to go for this weekend (18th-20th April) and why?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kaprun. 40cm fresh last night. More snow forecast in the next couple of days and then some sun forecast for the weekend.

http://www.bergfex.at/kitzsteinhorn-kaprun/wetter/berg/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nowhere Smile Winter was long enough, with enough of skiing, now it's time for something else Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jogi wrote:
Nowhere Smile Winter was long enough, with enough of skiing, now it's time for something else Smile

There can never be enough skiing. Sitting currently on day 25 for this season and off to Tignes on saturday.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saalbach - I've not been out today as there has been a raging blizzard outside all day and the lifts were closed this morning, but like Kaprun just down the road, there's more forecast for the next couple of days, then sunshine Friday/Saturday Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Toying with Champoluc, may just be lazy and stay in Chamonix and play up the GMs.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sobvious Val T - lots of shs to ski with, high prob of something falling from the sky. fingers crossed it's not liquid.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andyrew, once you are on skis for some 7 months, you come to moment, when there's enough snow and skiing, and you hardly wait that you can finally bring your mtb out of basement. Smile 25th ski day for me was sometime in December... probably beginning of December Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just arrived in Mayrhofen, locals reporting 50cm last night up at Hintertux and 20cm+ up the Penken.

Snowing lightly in the village right now, snow line is round about Finkenberg.

Forecast for the next few days is sun then sun and then snow showers for the weekend, so Tux looks like the best option for then.

View from the balcony earlier, cant see Finkenberg now for the snow.

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
First ever post!

I'm going to the Limousin over Easter and rarely, Le Mont Dore is still open this late. Only a handful of pistes open but as it's 1.5hrs from where I'll be staying and the pass is 15euro, it'd be rude not to get an afternoon in the sun. It will only be day no 8 for me.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Iceland... it's still snowing to sea level here.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'll be skiing in Glencoe on the 26th if that counts.. but I'm at over 40 days skiing this season so I'm quite content
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Welcome leggyblonde .. welcome to forum.
Have a good weekend.

Have a good weekend all of you, I'm off to Val Thorens with the Snowheads next week.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Depends what your after

Scotland or Iceland is a good shout for something different...

Avoriaz has some decent bumps at the moment...come Friday and you can buy me a beer Smile

I'd book Thursday based on forecasts as it looks like some places could get some decent snow this weekend...the Alberg perhaps doing well...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arlberg (especially Zürs) was a LOT of fun today. And no-one about...
snow report
clarky999,
I love that run back around to Zurs ...
There is a point in the the rocky bits about halfway down where you can shout ..
"See you next year!" and it echoes back ..
..........."See you next year!"
...................."See you next year!"
..........................."See you next year!"
ski holidays
DrLawn, you mean the cliffy bit on skier's left? Traverse (a LONG way around) above that and you'll find a nice couloir wink
latest report
clarky999,
Its a while since I've been there but I mean
Take the long chair up from the lake and then turn left and down over the cliff on the piste back ...
It can only be a couple of hundred meters down the piste.
If I remember it well you can look over across the road to the HexenBoden.
I really need to get a life and just go back there again.
I love the whole of the Alberg and the Vor Alberg
Then I can search out your Couloir.
ski holidays
Thanks for all your thoughts folks.

Flying into Innsbruck on Friday morning and haven't decided 100% where to go yet but Stubai, Kaprun, Solden, Hochgurgl and St Anton/Lech Zurs are all options now!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy