Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots - New vs Old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I have an old pair of Soloman boots which are very comfy but are lace ups - do new boots with modern tie up systems perform better than the old lace up types ? Any feedback on this appreciated.
Cheers,
J
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well I've used the BOA for years and can't ever envision not having BOA again. You can tweak the tightness on the fly as your boots and feet warm up through the day, the upper end brands have different tightening regions now - one for the foot one for the upper cuff, so you can get the comfort/fit level just right. Know people have had them break on them before now but i've used the system for years and am still on all the original components.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the info - think I will push it to new boots; am looking at a new board & bindings now.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got Salomons "speedlace" system on my boots. Each Cleat on the way up the cuff from ankle level has serrated teeth to grip the lace, so it's loop through and pull, the cleats keep the lace tight all day. Quick, simple, adjustable and unbreakable (so far Laughing )
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mine has only the serrated teeth at ankle level only...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yea mate but your boots are circa 2001/2

Roggs will probably be from this decade
You can replace salomon laces, hooks and retro fit parts but you need the parts and the will, many salomon boots are very easy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mine are from about 07/08, or thereabouts. F22s.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
With serrated teeth at only ankle level the boots will be a very early pair circa 2001/2 I was referring to mtbboarders quite old boots Rogg.

If you can get new locking lace parts you can change the lace hooks with a tiny pk driver under (the often unseen) Velcro cover flap... but on older boots or cheaper ones it may be a matter of a small cuts to open inside shell, drill and re-rivet .

Most people will just get new boots they don't invest time in boots unless pain is present.

Laces can fray an break with salomon power lace ,the lace wear in the eyelet lock area is probably part of the lace slippin thing on salomons .

When the laces do snap in the top lace hook area you can cut and retie them with enough length left then still go ride you need the little pk screwdriver .
A sailing store will have coloured cord in the uk, just get the same diameter, it works.

If mtbb wants zonal sallys have a look at new synapse dble Boa if you can get them I think they were in finches but they will be a firmer boot.
The savage single boa model has a STR8JKT jacket lace pull to tighten a strap over the bridge of the foot pulling the heel into the pocket, this is a softer boot.
Its a really smart idea since most people oversize boots and this helps that.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 26-05-14 11:55; edited 8 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for your input - I think new boots is the way to go, as you noted I have had them a long time but funny thing is they don't look worn at all; still someone might want them on E-bay.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ive got k2,s with a boa inner and laces on the outside. Doing the laces up tight again at lunch time makes all the difference
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I now have new boots - BOA, so will see how that works out on Saturday! Also have a brand new K2 board & cynch bindings!!! Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy