Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best skiing conditions near lake Annecy week of Apr 14th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will be in Talloire < Lace Annecy from 14th April for one week

Will only be able to ski for one day, where am I best to head for Les, Saises, La Clusaz, Grand Bornard etc

I hate ice and hoping to avoid same Smile

It doesn't bother me to ski the top half of the domain, and avoid the lower bits, as I will be only there for a day

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My choice would be drive to Balme gondola at Clusaz, or the Floria chairlift at Bornand.

Best will be almost certainly be La Balme at Clusaz, it's always the first to open and last to close in the Aravis. Bornand Maroly sector will be decent. Clusaz Aiguille at the top might be ok (and linked to Balme if you're lucky). Can't speak for Saisies.

Don't bother turning up to Clusaz or Bornand town centres. It'll be slop, most likely.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To be fair, it's only 90 mins each way to Val Thorens. We used to day trip that semi-regularly late season. Depends on the value you place on a longer commute versus terrain availability.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, Have been to La Clusaz village, what's involved in driving to La Balme Gondola,
Not very familiar with the area.

I assume there's a ticket office at the Gondala?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mr Pieholeo wrote:
To be fair, it's only 90 mins each way to Val Thorens. We used to day trip that semi-regularly late season. Depends on the value you place on a longer commute versus terrain availability.

I've skied better conditions at la Cluzaz mid April than I have in Val Thorens, and on the 14th why not go to Meribel and use the lifts to go higher rather than the long schlepp up to Val Tho?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dublin2, Hmm. Les Saisies is OK at the moment. Boiler plate first thing (NOT proper ice, though very very scratchy). Quite nice skiing from, say, 10 - 1400, or later if you enjoy slush. There are very few skiers around, so the snow is not being given a hard time - nice and slooshy, rather than mounds.

BUT it's very hot and some of the pistes are struggling. e.g. there is a big patch of grass in the middle of the steep bottom of the south-facing red "Girolles" (though it's very wide and there's plenty of space to miss it). I could give you an update nearer the time.

If looking at your options don't forget the Gorge d'Arly is closed, and the "déviation" takes longer, though it's quite interesting.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Folks
PS which road is Gorge d'Arly
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

which road is Gorge d'Arly

Between Ugine and Flumet (ie towards megeve)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof wrote:
Mr Pieholeo wrote:

I've skied better conditions at la Cluzaz mid April than I have in Val Thorens, and on the 14th why not go to Meribel and use the lifts to go higher rather than the long schlepp up to Val Tho?

I get ya. Just playing the odds if I only had a single day, rather than the opportunity to average it out over the month.

Also, I quite like the drive up to VT Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dublin2 wrote:
Thanks, Have been to La Clusaz village, what's involved in driving to La Balme Gondola,
Not very familiar with the area.

I assume there's a ticket office at the Gondala?

It's well signposted from the town, and yes there's a caisse.

Signs towards Confins rather than Aravis, if the word 'balme' isn't on it. My memory is already fading.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It might just be the gin.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy