Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski transport advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Was just looking to share in some of your collective wisdom, and see what your advice would be on my situation.

Here are the facts:

I live in Australia, am probably an intermediate to advanced skier, and recently bought my first pair of skis (Rossignol Experience 88s). I am going to Queenstown, NZ in July for two weeks, where I'll be trying them out. Seeing as I'm in my final year of uni, I'm also planning to travel around America at the end of the year for 3 months total. I'll leave at the start of December and will (hopefully), be doing a week's skiing in Utah (Park City) in late-December, and a week's skiing in Colorado (not sure whereabouts yet, but possibly Purgatory), at the start of February.

Given that I don't want to trek around the whole of America lugging my skis (and boots/poles) around, would my best option be to just hire ones when I'm there? Obviously I'd prefer to ski with my own, but my only other option would be to have them couriered from Australia to Park City, and then couriered again onto Colorado. That sounds like it would be rather expensive. Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or any other options? Would a ski resort even hold my skis for me until I got there?

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm. I think really you would need to cart them around with you.
not sure that I would ever be happy or relaxed about leaving my 'choice' gear laying around.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cjbanks, on the itinerary you give you have to rent them in each place. no point at all paying excess baggage or courier and then left luggage charges simply to have your skis in the US. boots could be a different story ie potentially worth lugging if you have non standard feet
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy