Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Streetracer 8 Demo concerns...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am looking into getting a pair of Salomon Street Racer Demo 8 (which i can't seem to find any references to online...the ones in the shop are completely different from all pics online). But I have read this slightly worrying review and was wondering if anyone could confirm/deny this claim:

"Someone who does not already know proper carving technique is wasting their money. It does not tolerate skidding or intermediate technique very well and are too hard to control in a straight line. This skis one and only high point is its ability to carve."

The person for whom these skis are for will be having lessons with them, and be at a lower intermediate level, not yet being able to carve. We would be having lessons to get the right ability level for these skis, but are they any good in the mean time whilst we take the lessons? Hoping so.. Thanks very much!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know the skis but they don't sound suitable for the person who will ski them.
I'm only basing that on what you have writeen...

My inclination would be that as the review - albeit the only one - stated specifically what they do I would believe them
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
EmmaRen, I have a pair of streetracer 8 and would confirm the review. I bought them on the strength of testing at Castleford, which involved putting in turns at relatively low speed.
For doing this, they were great.

For anything else, they weren't much fun. They have a most definite speed limit, which is slower than you may think. They get very twitchy and tend to flap around everywhere.

Even for carving they are not brilliant. I swapped skis with a mate (line darkside... twintip park ski) and his were much easier to carve!

If they are quite cheap, (say less than £150) they may be worth a go, but really, if you are good enough to ski them properly, get something better. If you are not good enough to ski them, get something easier.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try the atomic beta puls from decathlon instead....cheaper than the streetracer anyway...(assuming decathlon is where you spotted the streetracer)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ajhainey, Yes. My other half has some kind of ladies atomic beta puls. She is normally a much slower and nervous skier than me but this last holiday she left me standing every time.

They have really boosted her confidence and allowed her to enjoy skiing much more.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy