Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

an experiment.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What a laugh!!

I had a tib nail (compound spiral) and fib plated 18 months ago, anyone who thinks they could survive the first *couple of days* out of hospital without painkillers is delusional. Having said that, after that it got better very quickly.
Pain is funny though, on the scale of 1-10, busted leg was barely '1' compared to recent broken guts.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Masque wrote:
our overuse of analgesics to mask healing and pain can lead us to extending the damage and healing time.

I've not broken anything but tore my mcl and between my other skiing friends there has been a broken tib and fib, knackered acl and broken, dislocated elbow (x2). None of them got any serious pain killers after initial morphine then operations and none at all after maybe the first week or 2. Reading online forums patients from the US seem to get a much heavier regime of pain killers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, no update for 2 days...how are you getting on?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad coffee, crutches and keyboard . . . I fried my shiny new Asus . . . which replaces my stolen one . . . which also had 3000 words of the Diddycoy Diary. Then to top it off, AT&T launch a 442mb firmware update that freezes my f'n phone till I do a hard reset . . . Which fries the data on the sim. Sweet f'n jeezus!

Bought a bottle of Talisker 18 and indulged for a couple of days.

Got my act together and back on the gym and pool. I plan on skiing in 7 days

To be honest, though the pain/discomfort varies between booger all and heading toward 7+, most of it is from the soft tissue damage around the ankle/foot bones.
Got to sit and rewrite the whole journey.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
allanm, testing your self against your self indulgence is all part of this. Pain is a natural response, does it teach us anything? Or does masking it extend the healing time?
Some snowHead s know just how abused my body is/has been . . . This is just to see how much the healing process can be observed and committed to a goal. What it has boiled down to is that pain (in this form of injury) is just a means of communication. The weird thing is that the illnesses that have the potential to kill me are and have been silent Confused
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
allanm, BTW, try having a chunk of lung removed as a datum point for pain reference wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ssh, staying to the last day so yes a 'gentle' pootle will be fun. Got to say that this is a great place to slide. Perhaps a little compact for the euro mile munches but as long as you avoid the weekends it has much more than a week's skiing.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque wrote:
allanm, BTW, try having a chunk of lung removed as a datum point for pain reference wink

That is still a possibility.

What I meant was the 'cancer' related pain, to me, seemed so much worse / intolerable than the break related pain. Also morphine got rid of the break pain pretty much in entirety, not nearly effective on the cancer related pain.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy