Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Worth passing Glencoe for Nevis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bar two evenings at Xscape, I've had 7 or 8 days on skis now, but they've all been at Glencoe. I do like the place and it is the most convenient for Glasgow, but variety is the spice of life and I'd like to try another hill before the season ends. I'm at good place on the fun/fear curve on the upper blue runs at the Coe (Main Basin, Happy Valley, Etive Glades), some I'm wondering if Nevis range a) has a decent number of runs that are at roughly the same level and b) they've had a similarly epic amount of snow and are maintaining good cover? It'll be all too easy just to pull into Glencoe instead of carrying on up the road, motivation required please!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Taurig, not at the moment. Whenever the wind direction is from the SE (which it has been this week) Nevis Range is often closed - it's vulnerable to wind funnelling from that direction.

Otherwise, for variety, yes!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah, now that is useful info, thanks! Is there a preferable wind direction and a max wind speed to keep Nevis running? Is the gondola the main problem?

So, if Nevis is ill advised, how about Glenshee or Cairngorm this weekend? (Heard the Lecht has nae snow?)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anything apart from SE winds is much better for Nevis Range. I wouldn't like to give a figure for max wind speed.

Glencoe has the best snow at the moment, followed by Nevis Range.

Cairngorm still looks decent at the moment. It can sometimes get busy at the weekends, but I wouldn't have thought it'd be too bad at the weekend. 10 out of their 11 lifts are running at the moment.

Glenshee is my favourite Scottish ski centre. It's also the best bet if there's a windy weather forecast. It has limited snow lower down (by the road) at the moment, although it's still decent further up / away from the road. If you want to visit this season, probably best to do it sooner rather than later as further melt could sever the links to the rest of the area. But probably has the poorest snow of the open resorts just now.

Yep, no snow at the Lecht - it's been a poor season for them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy