Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP.....Sweet Protection Jackets Sizing :-)

Poster: A snowHead
I need to replace my worn out columbia titanium jacket (its done over 200 days hard use) and was looking at sweet protection jackets as a replacement

Normally use a size Large in columbia, and have a 42 to 44 chest and it fits fine, not too long on my rather short 5 foot 8inches height

The jacket sizing in sweet protection looks rather large, ie. a large supernaut is measured at 50inches (but thats jacket measured chest size not person chest size)or the renegade is even slightly bigger.

Anyone got a sweet protection jacket in large and be willing to state what they measure and how it fits?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm 42 and have a Sweet Protection jacket in M, and its still roomy.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ditto, 42ish and 6' and have a medium - wouldn't wasn't any larger...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very roomy fit on SP jackets
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't know if I got one that was incorrectly labelled or had been put together wrong but I'm normally a 40 or 42 and the M I got from Sportpursuit went back because although the chest size was fine the shoulders were very tight and restricting.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone, looks like it will be a medium, just go to choose the colour now..... Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got a SP Sinner in Large.. I'm 42 across the chest but wanted something slightly roomier.. Instead, I got a tent with arms.

Still a great jacket though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought the Crusdader jacket (small) and the arms are crazy long. Does anyone else have the same issue?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi guys just a quick one,

Am looking at getting a SP Sinner jacket, am 6'0 with 40-42 chest. Am presuming for this I should go for M? Heard they are roomy.

But also, are they waterproof? It doesn't actually say it is on any of the tech specs

Cheers,

C
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@CharLisht, I'd go M as above, sorry for confusing message earlier, just looked at my jacket when i got home

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 20-11-15 19:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Markymark29 wrote:
I'm 42 and have a Sweet Protection jacket in M, and its still roomy.

+1 just got a SP Duke GTX from SportPursuit in M. I am 42" chest and there is enough room. Not too baggy but more snug than used to.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Markymark29, No worries, cheers both @Dougie,
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm 6'0" with a 46" chest. I want a longish jacket - Would a Large (hammer 2) be a good fit?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hmm, new pair of Sweet salopettes arrived today, size M like the pair (also Sweet) they're replacing. Unfortunately they've got even bigger/baggier, so had to send 'em back and get a small. Great quality kit, but the sizing is definitely on the looser side!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@clarky999, Either that or you're wasting away with all that touring you're doing - keeping fit booting up all those couloirs before the lifts open rolling eyes wink

I'm working by butt off doing squats, burpees, planks and training every night to get into my M's and you're sending them back for a S, no justice in this world!
snow conditions
I normally wear XL (marmot and patagonia were the last 2), so maybe the L would be good?

Anyone roughly the same size as me and maybe got an L jacket?
ski holidays
@rogg, Reckon XL........... 46" chest
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy