Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Experience 88

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm after my first skis, on the I side out levels (http://www.insideoutskiing.com/level.html) I'm probably between 7&8 hopefully closer to 8. I rented some experience 73s approx 164 ( can't remember exactly) but really enjoyed skiing with them good on priests and off with 2days on continuous snowfall they really floated well. Does anyone have a y experience / knowledge with the 88s and have Amy thoughts about binding mount / ski length. I'm maybe 183cm tall and these 160~ were the shortest I've skied.

Appreciated any input
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Levi215, Looking at the specs of them I think you would probably want a bigger size than 162, your weight is more important than height when choosing skis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
178s?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got the 88's and they're great. Would highly recommend.
I'm 180cm and got the 178s, which were ideal in my opinion. Go for those.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
94kg so reasonably heavy set trying to get to 88 kg or lower

Enjoyed the manoeuvrability of the short ski but I switched to some longer piste skis for a couple of runs and they felt rubbish in comparison couldn't commit to turns. They were another Rossi model maybe 6 years old which someone described as "having no technology" so maybe that was it rather than the length. Going down some of the tree lined lifts the short skis seemed to help.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Levi215, Rossi's size guide says you should be on 186cms. 178 if you lose the weight or are kidding yourself about your ability.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Raceplate ability wise i struggle to tell in all honesty, last 3 days this year I was heading off piste in small doses down a closed black and down several tree lined lifts so not bouncing through trees and powder but still quite tight. In terms of he ski length what's the differentiator?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Levi215, if you Google "rossignol ski sizing chart" it's the first PDF result. Your weight puts you on 186cm, your ability probably favours 178cm. TBH it's a close call. If you're used to much shorter skis then you might find 186cm a handful. I think it probably comes down to how aggressive a skier you are and whether you think you'll ski more on piste or off. If you're not that aggressive and will ski mainly on piste then the 178cm will be more comfortable for you, especially if you lose 4/5 kgs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy