Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Online Rental

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have used this twice, both with 30% odd discounts but very different experiences. I appreciate that they don't make as much money through the agent but:

In Flaine, there were no VIP skis available, although I'd paid for these, and simply shrugged their shoulders saying I should have arrived earlier. In Zermatt, they collected exactly what I wanted from the other end of town, repaired them mid-week and swapped them for something different on the last day.

Which of these is the normal service to expect?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One's French, the other's Swiss. Says it all really Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should have seen that coming I guess Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sproggski,
I wouldn't be at all impressed with this and its one of the reasons I don't book in advance. I trawl around the shops to get the ski I want or if a compromise needs to be made, one they recommend. If I walk into the shop and they don't have roughly what I'm looking for I go elsewhere. I don't find there is too much of a difference in price anyway, maybe a mini cartel type thing goes on.
Anyway, I can't recall the last time I was peeded off by a hire shop and didn't find something I was happy with...

One thing is for sure, know what YOU want.
I then talk to them and they should be helpful. They are skiers themselves so might want to pass on their knowledge. Who would work those in a ski shop otherwise...well, you get my drift..!! You are the customer and maybe the French aren't so good here but I can't recall any problems in recent times.

If anything the worst I've had was in Alagne and Sauze D Oulx but that was ages ago..!!

The former get hardcore mostly so they take their own and the latter just caters too much for punters..!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I save 40% by booking in advance, and for my low intermediate standard the brand of ski I get wont make a difference as long as I get the Intermediate spec, which they gaurantee to do so.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Renry, The brand won't make a difference but the ski might.

So long as you can change them I don't see why you shouldn't book online, but (apart from my skiers) I'd recommend what JT, says.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most shops will give some sort of "discount" if you just ask or show a yha or SCGB card. or get a card from your chalet/hotel. Always ask.

As an aside I have used pre-booking and it meant I jumped a huge Q and got nice skis so i would do it again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year I booked my kids equipment online through Intersport, selecting their shop in Flaine Foret (top level of resort, shop on right going up road out of town). got a good discount.
They couldn't have been more helpful, let them have snowboards & boots as well at same time as Ski's without extra charge! Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy