Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP! CHILD CARE NEEDED

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
franga, have one daughter in Tignes who is a qualified nanny if you still need someone to look after kiddies, when are you going out ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I presume esprit are meeting your travel costs? ........
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We usually drive, we're driving to La Plagne tomorrow. Leaving straight from school (finish at 2.30 tomorrow as its last day of term) Eurotunnel, then stopping at Troyes overnight (Staying in a Premiere Classe, about 40euros), finishing the joruney Saturday morning. Hoping to arrive early afternoon. Tolls aren't too bad, maybe £60 ish, if I remember rightly.
We find it much less stressful than flying and we have 3 kids 5, 7 and 10. Can take as much stuff as we like, stop when we like. It's only about 1.5/2 hours for us to the tunnel though.
Leaving tomorrow and have just discovered the in-car dvd player is kaput!!! Hubby is currently loading the iPad with digital versions. We have an in car power supply so should be able to keep it going - i Hope!

Eurotunnel usually very flexible about your arrival time, if you're there early they try to bung you on the next one. I have had an email this week to say the the next 3 weekends are very busy though and to arrive on time for your booked departure.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How much was your original trip. ?I assume reasonably significant given that you booked early with esprit. Take the refund and one of deals with Esprit to Tignes (£999 for w/c 12th). How cheaply can you fly to Geneva/Chambery from Manchester and hire a car. I would have thought it defeated your object of short transfer if you drive all the way
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dan100, this is exactly what we've done, considered driving for 5 minutes but we are only 15 mins away from Manc airport.

NE1, they're not but that's the deal anyway, chalet is a bargain.

Net saving v initial holiday cost is circa GBP500 ... is this sufficient for all the disruption, extra effort and grief? Probably not but I'll take it at this stage.

2 other families in the chalet with kids of a similar age as ours, can't really complain (I hope).

Looking at the current snow conditions I'd take Espace Killy over St Anton anyway.

Thanks Weathercam but we are now fully sorted with Esprit.

tizzyb, good luck!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm not sure I would fancy the drive. Possibly next year it may come on the horizon I may have to relent and take kids but that will be on the basis of travelling in a caravelle with the 2 youngest kids separated. wouldnt do it th ecurrent car.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski said
Quote:
which could cost you a few hundred quid

... bit of an exaggeration as a return trip is less than 150€ . So no where near a few hundred quid.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back from a fab week in Tignes with Esprit.

They redeemed themselves admirably - great chalet (Charline), enthusiastic and professional hosts, good company and fab conditions.

Couldn't have wished for a better holiday.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
franga, Great news, good to hear. We went with Mark Warner this year and there were definitely things we missed about Esprit.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy