Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Cool Thang .. equivalent model?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hello guys,

i am an (upper?) intermediate skier trying to perfect my carving turns, i rented one ski set "Head Cool Thang" model from 2007 and i found this ski is the best suit for me .. probably not the most stable but it bends and carves easily...

my understanding is .. i am quite light weighted and not skiing terribly fast .. so i need a softer skis that can shape easily

pix of the model i want is here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEAD-Cool-Thang-skis-163cm-with-Tyrolia-SL11-DEMO-adjustable-ski-bindings-SNOW-/390775409676

im now owning Salomon Opal 154 (model from 2008) and it is too stiff for me .. T-T ..

since Head Cool Thang is already out of production.. can you please recommend me which one is its substitute? preferably from Head line..

i am 167cm height (5ft 6 in) and 52kg (114 pound)
level: intermediate .. and Moguls and powder are NOT my best friends (at least not soon)

many thanks in advance for your help!
Ada
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ada339, the new womens range from Head is called MYA, there are several skis in the range. I'm not sure which is the equivalent to the Cool Thang though, guessing Mya No.4 or Mya No. 5. Good luck snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Sarah for your reply..

Ive found the same model Cool Thang for sale.. but its 170cm!! .. Im reluctant if this is ok .. I normally ski on 150-160 ...

Can i ask another question .. I think im quite a good skier myself and i can manage 170 so ..
The length is not too much of a concern .. But its stiffness is .. Can you pls tell me if there is big difference in stiffness btw 150 160 & 170?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Strangely my other half is in a similar position. We've been heavily researching a replacement for her Cool Thangs from the same model year.
The main thing we've found is that ski design (dare I say fashion) seems to have moved on. Piste orientated cruising skis like this have become lighter and the side cut has become more pronounced. So I don't think you'll find an exact replacement for the Heads. We've been looking at the Rossi Unique range but are still open to suggestions as we trawl through end of season offers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In answer to your question. I would not buy a piste orientated ski that's taller than you. Some off piste ones with twin tips or rocker, ski "shorter"; but a piste ski has far more of it's length in contact with the snow. If your ski is too long for you, especially as you are not heavy, it won't work as designed. The Cool Thang was not a top of the range ski and the cheaper end of ski ranges often ski slightly softer and more forgiving so the good news is that you shouldn't have to spend too much to get a good replacement.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy